Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

cooking, cleaning, house work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

i like things done my way, if its not, i will redo it my way, in a way i would like my bf to help out around our apt, and i appreciate him when he dose help out, but i never ask him to do anything, besides taking out the trash and maybe wiping something down. 

what about you? are you like me? or do you want all the help you can get? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I could never have a maid b/c I am very OCD about how things are done and I cannot stand for anyone (including my husband) to do things in my kitchen. I appreciate his help (when he can) putting the groceries away but I go behind him and put them in the right place. 

Good thing (?) is that he totally understands b/c he feels that I don't clean the right (his) way either. 

GloryDaze
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I have a certain way of doing things too. It's mostly about how things are folded and organized. The towels in all the linen closets are folded a certain way; shirts and other clothing are folded a certain way in drawers....etc... We have three girls and they are just like me so all of their closets and drawers are organized.

We do have two wonderful ladies that come in every Thursday to do certain things around the house for me but it's just basic wiping baseboards, cleaning windows, cleaning the inside of the refrigerator, and cleaning all of the bathrooms. I am able to relinquish that control over how it's done because there are no items that need to be organized a certain way for those tasks to be completed.
Lilfranks
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I like done my way is folding laundry. I swear my dh fold it wrong on purpose so I take over I mean how hard it is to trifold a towel. I'm more of the I want it done on my time. When I ask you to do something that means I need it done when I ask you not later if I wanted it done later I would do it myself.
TXCatLady
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I need all the help I can get - yes, my husband does things different than me and sometimes he halfway does things which is annoying but it is better than no help at times

PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd rather do it myself and have it done right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Dont ever compkain he won't help you then.
laura1986
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I need it done my way so all he has to do is take out trash and now the lawn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I rarely ever get help so when I do I soak it up. Unless it's MIL bc she does things so ass backwards and often causes way more issues
sweetpeasgirl12
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I'm a bit odd crazy....my dh used to help with house chores when we first moved in together but I would go behind him and do it my so he just stopped helping,he told me I'm not going to do it if your just going go behind me and redo it.
flprincessmom
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:11 AM
I am OCD so I like things done my way. There are some things that I will allow the kids to do, like sweeping the floors and cleaning their rooms. But even with their rooms they have to be neat and organized. My dd is just like me and will go behind ds and tell him if he isn't doing something right or if something needs to be done. Which is funny because he is almost 18 & she is 8!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)