Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

So how many people send invitations to blood family members. (ex: your sister or brother)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter's first birthday party is coming up and I told my sister the time and date (even thou she says I didn't) but she said since I didn't send her and her 3 kids a invitation by mail that I didn't invite them and they won't be coming.

I told her I shouldn't have to send you an invite because you're my sister. You're automatically invited.She however doesn't see it that way and feels she's not invited. We have never sent invites to each other for anything before and just call and let the other person know what's going on. Or there have been times when I called her and asked her if she was doing anything for her kids birthday when it's around that time. 

I was letting my other sister know what's going on and she agrees with me, saying it's stupid to send her an invite. And my other sister said "well did she invite you to the birthday party she's planning for her daughter?" I said "no" and she said "see there you go,  now you can bring that up to her." (Her daughter's birthday is one week before my daughter's birthday) so it's not like she didn't know it was coming up and she could have called me and asked if I was doing anything. 

Now she's gonna tell her kids I didn't invite them to the party and their gonna come crying to me about why I didn't invite them.

And when I was still pregnant I didn't send her an invite to my baby shower but she still came to that.

Was I wrong for not making her an invite?

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JerseyAirGurl
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:46 AM
No that's weird that she is making it a big deal if it's been kind of an unspoken thing in the past. But now for future reference you can just send her the invite to keep the peace.
Zazayam
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM

I send invites to everyone because I'm one of 'those' people, lol. I have a lot of fun making them and sending them out. I don't know why.

But no, your sister's being weird.

JamieC0403
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM
I did Facebook e-cites for my family for DS'a birthday. It was easier than paper and that way they had all the info since we did a pool party at the Y.
ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I always send my sisters invitations, but if you and your sisters have never done this before, then you are not wrong.  Maybe she is just using this as an excuse to not go???

SnapIt
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I do

I dont exempt because they are blood and should automatically know they are invited

Its nice to have the invite so it can remind you when you see it posted somewhere

Besides i have a sis who like to use them for scrapbooks with the pics she takes
JTE11
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I make invitations out to everyone because even when you say something to some people, they forget and having a little card up on the fridge can be a jog to the memory. But even so, I think your sister is just in a snit for some reason and I'd just tell her you have invited her several times, and if she doesn't come it will be on her, not you, and she needs to grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN