Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Does anyone else feel this way...ever??

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

I don't even know where to begin.  I battle depression but I take meds and am in counseling.  I stress to the extreme and I feel like no one understands me.  I get upset over stupid things and I don't know how not to. Example: I'm watching my best friend's 3 boys today for a couple of hours and when she gets here there is another kid with her that she didn't tell me about and I'm supposed to watch him too.  It's not that he's not a great kid because he is, it's just there's another kid here that I wasn't planning on keeping.  So my stress and anxiety go through the roof and I feel like it shouldn't.  That's just one little example.   I feel like a weak person who can't handle things like I think I should be able to.  Does that make sense? I guess I thrive on having a specific plan and when that changes it's just hard for me to deal with. Sometimes it doesn't take long for me to adjust to a change of plans, sometimes it does. Also, talking things out like this helps a lot. I would really like to hear that I'm not alone.  My best friend doesn't understand.  My DH doesn't understand, although he's great and loves me anyway. 

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beckyv1972
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Quoting Jenny0123j:

I don't even know where to begin.  I battle depression but I take meds and am in counseling.  I stress to the extreme and I feel like no one understands me.  I get upset over stupid things and I don't know how not to. Example: I'm watching my best friend's 3 boys today for a couple of hours and when she gets here there is another kid with her that she didn't tell me about and I'm supposed to watch him too.  It's not that he's not a great kid because he is, it's just there's another kid here that I wasn't planning on keeping.  So my stress and anxiety go through the roof and I feel like it shouldn't.  That's just one little example.   I feel like a weak person who can't handle things like I think I should be able to.  Does that make sense? I guess I thrive on having a specific plan and when that changes it's just hard for me to deal with. Sometimes it doesn't take long for me to adjust to a change of plans, sometimes it does. Also, talking things out like this helps a lot. I would really like to hear that I'm not alone.  My best friend doesn't understand.  My DH doesn't understand, although he's great and loves me anyway. 

Hello, No your not alone. Although I dont suffer from any mental illnesses my Dh does. One of the things I notice is that he does not have any coping skills, so they had to alter his medicine to help him with situations that come up. He has his good and bad days and all you can do is keep doing your best. Hang in there and as for your Dh stay open with him regarding your feelings and what is going on with you day to day. We do understand but its harder when its someone we love to accept. Let me know if you need a shoulder to lean on.

Jenny0123j
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Quoting beckyv1972:

Quoting Jenny0123j:

Hello, No your not alone. Although I dont suffer from any mental illnesses my Dh does. One of the things I notice is that he does not have any coping skills, so they had to alter his medicine to help him with situations that come up. He has his good and bad days and all you can do is keep doing your best. Hang in there and as for your Dh stay open with him regarding your feelings and what is going on with you day to day. We do understand but its harder when its someone we love to accept. Let me know if you need a shoulder to lean on.

Thank you so much for your words.  It's good to see it from your point of view!  My DH and I are very open about it so maybe he does understand more than I think. I guess today is just more of a down day and needed to talk it out! Thanks again!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Not alone at all. I just recently had to go to my Dr and get put back on meds because not only was I feeling the same as described but I couldn't even deal with myself.  I knew I was acting out over silly things, but yet I couldn't stop getting upset over them.

Are you sure the medication you are taking is working?  Maybe it needs to be tweaked or you need to try something else.  I know for me, it has been like night and day.

beckyv1972
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jenny0123j:

Quoting beckyv1972:

Quoting Jenny0123j:

Thank you so much for your words.  It's good to see it from your point of view!  My DH and I are very open about it so maybe he does understand more than I think. I guess today is just more of a down day and needed to talk it out! Thanks again!

Thats good that you keep communication open, my Dh started shutting me out as he got worse with his issues. He was hopitalized for a week and has been better since. Try and keep him as involved as possible. Yes he has his bad days too dont let them get to you.

blinker612
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 4:00 AM
I had a lot of problems like that when I was younger. It's not fun. But you are stronger than you think so give yourself some credit.

Now that I'm pregnant and my hormones are all jacked up I'm having similar problems. Our finances are a mess we have no plan about the future or where we will be living after the baby its here. It's all up in the air and I don't like the uncertainty. I find myself try ING to figure everything out and just getting overwhelmed and just crying for like an hour or 2.

Sometimes I think I am losing it but I guess that's what happens when your prego and can't afford itm
MumsTheWord571
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 4:08 AM
I was feeling that way too. The doctor had me change the time I took my meds. I went from 11 pm to 930 am and it helped a lot!
cagurl2az
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM
You are not alone and shame on her for thinking she could add on another kiddo without asking. Just keep chugging along you will get to a point where you won't always feel like this. You are not weak, you are strong because you are trying to do what you can to feel better.

Quoting Jenny0123j:

abharper
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I have PTSD from my previous marriage. The strangest things upset me and I feel like a moron down the road. I am a manager for a noon profit and I'm always checking my attitude but finding my stress high for dumb reasons. You are not alone.
Jenny0123j
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Thank you so much ladies.  I really appreciate all the support! Adjusting meds may be in order. This past month has been terrible for me for no real reason.  It's great to have others to talk to about it that actually understand what it's like and not look at me incredulously because they don't get it.

Saphyre
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I don't think its silly 2 b upset that someone dropped an extra kid on u without asking, I think that was incredibly inconsiderate of ur friend. I personlly would have felt taken advantage of. R u sure u don't have some sort of panic disorder? My sister has one & she gets stressed easily also... hope u find a way of coping with ur disorder though. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN