Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I hate having to poisoning my son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Today marks the fourth day and I am anxious to see the results. Four days ago my ds suddenly had an outbreak of hives, on his stomach, back, legs, arms and face. I gave him children's Benadryl and made a paste of baking soda and water for his skin. This happened right before bedtime and by morning the hives were gone. Until later on that day, they appeared again. I made a mental note of his daily activities that day, let's see, no change in his diet, played outside, no change in laundry soap so on and so forth. My routine w/ds has been the same for 4 days, this morning I've created a journal. (Woke up, no hives, showered, Cheerios w/2% milk etc) children can develop alergies to things they have eaten and been around their whole lives...just like that. So while I'm writing down everything he eats and does throughout the day, waiting in between (an hour or two) to see if he gets an out break, then I will know exactly what his new allergy is. Ice cream is something he's eaten everyday since this happened, so unfortunately, that's a possible culprit :(

what experiences have you had with sudden outbreaks? How did you go about finding the cause and what home remedies helped?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daniellegirly26
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Good luck!
Christy_517
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM
I thought for sure I was going to come into this post and it would be another formula vs. breastfeeding war. :)

Anyway, it's really good that you're keeping track of all that. The doctors will want you to do exactly what you are doing. My daughter would randomly pop up with hives occasionally as a kid, and we didn't change anything either. We finally got it narrowed down to ranch dressing. Crazy huh? She's 15 now, and it doesn't happen anymore. She loves ranch, but back then it randomly made her get hives and puff up. Kids are strange creatures. :)
NeonGirl9583
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM
My kids haven't had any but here's a bump
AmyG1976
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

take to the allergist for blood and skin testing.

karenbrzez
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hives can be caused from just about everything from stress, illness, and emotions also. If I feel stressed, I used to break out with hives on a portion of m neck and they itched like crazy. That has not happened in a long (or maybe because my kids are older and not yet dating the stress seems to be pretty mild right now). My son broke out with them when he was little and they were everywhere. He had allergy testing and was allergic to a ton of stuff. I finally discovered the main problem one day-it was actually mushrooms. I have slowly introduced them back in his diet (he's 16) with an epi-pen nearby and so far no reaction, but there are so many different kinds of mushrooms out there.

tiffsgrandma
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Could be a plant or some weed spray outside. I get hives bad from Tide detergant. and am allergic to benadryl or anything with Psydephredine (sp) I get them so bad it closes my airway, so I am careful and causes my feet to swell bad.  I suspect thos it may be a weed or plant in your yard.

msjoecool
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM
The six-year-old is prone to odd rashes. They sometimes leave as in explicably as they come. The first time she had strep in our care, she had hives too. Fun stuff.
godsgirl26
Finally home with my family and im loving it. Until i have to get ready to go back to my mom's to take care of her im ENJOYING myself ♥
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Quoting NeonGirl9583: My kids haven't had any but here's a bump
krazymom2boyz
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:39 PM
My son did that and the allergist we took him to said that it was very possible that it was a single reaction that his system hasn't been able to kick. It isn't him reacting to several things, or one thing several times. Giving him those needs just does the reaction, it doesn't treat it so as soon as the needs wear off...Bam hives again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Nuts, especially peanuts are notorious allergens and are found as an ingredient in MANY foods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)