Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

How would you react to...

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:30 AM
  • 110 Replies

a friend coming over with her kids and... bringing her crock pot to cook dinner in your house without even letting you know about her intentions?

She is not a close friend. We used to be but she got frustrated because I have other friends, too; she also got frustrated because she is very religious while I am not (at least not the way she is); and the fact that she'd never making her kids stop messing up my house drove me nuts.

She did prepare her dinner in my house. But... I've been in shock since then... Would you take your pot to cook in someone else's house? Someone that is not quite a friend? What would you say to someone that bring their carrots, peas, onion and meat to your house? :)))

Note: she cooked the meal and then went home to eat... so, she didn't do it to eat toghether. :)

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snakecharm
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Sounds like she lacks social skills. Who invites themselves over like that? What if you had plans to go out? Weird.
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

She just showed up unannounced...with a crock pot?  That's quite weird.  I would have said "as long as you brought enough for the whole class...come on in!"  Then I would ask "to what do I owe her presence". 

I hope you had a nice visit with her.  Maybe it was a peace offering and she would like to rekindle the friendship.

2m2t
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Oh, no! She prepared the meal and then left to eat at home :). They came over at lunch time and had been here until 3:00pm. :)

Quoting Snakecharm: Sounds like she lacks social skills. Who invites themselves over like that? What if you had plans to go out? Weird.

2m2t
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM

She was invited: the kids were supposed to play and we were supposed to chat a little... I have never expected pots and vegetables over :)))

Quoting offrdngal:

She just showed up unannounced...with a crock pot?  That's quite weird.  I would have said "as long as you brought enough for the whole class...come on in!"  Then I would ask "to what do I owe her presence". 

I hope you had a nice visit with her.  Maybe it was a peace offering and she would like to rekindle the friendship.

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok..well that was nice of her to surprise you guys with it.  I wouldn't try to read anything in to it or question it.  Just go with it and appreciate it...maybe surprise her with a meal or something unexpected, in the near future.  :)

Quoting 2m2t:

She was invited: the kids were supposed to play and we were supposed to chat a little... I have never expected pots and vegetables over :)))

Quoting offrdngal:

Snakecharm
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:42 AM
What?? That's even weirder. Lol

Quoting 2m2t:

Oh, no! She prepared the meal and then left to eat at home :). They came over at lunch time and had been here until 3:00pm. :)

Quoting Snakecharm: Sounds like she lacks social skills. Who invites themselves over like that? What if you had plans to go out? Weird.

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I replied to before I read all of the responses.  LOL

In t his case, yeah...I would have asked "what the hell?!"  She wouldn't have been making her dinner...at my house.  I don't understand what she was thinking. 

Quoting Snakecharm: What?? That's even weirder. Lol
Quoting 2m2t:

2m2t
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:55 AM

My mom jokes about it saying that she is a very practical person... :) 

Quoting 2m2t:

2m2t
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I got really mad when she started bringing her things inside... I was about to send her back home but... my kids had been waiting for a while to play with her kids so... I tried to calm down. I am laughing now but... I am still amazed about what ideas some people could have :)

Quoting offrdngal:

I replied to before I read all of the responses.  LOL

In t his case, yeah...I would have asked "what the hell?!"  She wouldn't have been making her dinner...at my house.  I don't understand what she was thinking. 

Quoting 2m2t:

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM

If I can eat it too, by all means, come every day if you want. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN