Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

is he paying me enough?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I get $400 a month from my kids dad for child support. It's not mandated, it's just what we agreed on when he kicked us out when my son was 5 weeks old. He's 1 now. I'm struggling to make bills and I want to ask for more, but he's already mad about what he's paying now, and I know he'll take it to court. If that happens I'm scared I'll get less. He works full time and has zero bills, seriously nothing. His dad owns his house and paid for his car. He pays every bill he has, down to utilities. He also receives a considerable amount from renting out the other side of his house (it's a duplex)

What do you ladies think? Could I get more??

P.s. I have the child almost full time. He takes him one day a week.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM
The state bases it off of his income and doesn't include his or your bills. So most likely you'd get less or the same .
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Do u know what he makes? Is he earning minimum wage?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:26 PM
My sons dad only pays 271 I have him full time. He seen him once when he was around 5mo old... 400 sounds pretty good to me but I really don't know the rules about child support. As he gets older things will start to get cheaper, I remember how hard it was...GL!
Nicole_Poland
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I only get 278, and that isn't guaranteed. I get my ex's tax returns because of back support. $400 sounds like a good amount, unless he makes 60k or more a year and you make 25k or less.
gmsm0119
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I got less. 

AngryBob
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM
There are some websites that calculate a rough estimate, you put in what state you are in, and plug in the numbers. I don't know what any of them are called, so you'll have to search.
Are you working at all?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Is he providing medical coverage for your child or are you?  Do you pay for daycare?  Do you know what his income is?  What is your income?  

I receive around $250 for each of my two children - so a little over $500 a month for two - my ex makes around 33k.  My income was around 38k the last time it was calculated.  We provide insurance, but I don't get credit for that because it is my husband providing it, not me.  We don't include any childcare costs anymore because the kids are too old for childcare.  My ex didn't have to pay more when he started living with him mom or when he had some dumb desparate woman paying his bills... the only thing that matters is your income and child related expense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM
I provide health coverage and pay 100% of child care costs, which isn't cheap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is he providing medical coverage for your child or are you?  Do you pay for daycare?  Do you know what his income is?  What is your income?  

I receive around $250 for each of my two children - so a little over $500 a month for two - my ex makes around 33k.  My income was around 38k the last time it was calculated.  We provide insurance, but I don't get credit for that because it is my husband providing it, not me.  We don't include any childcare costs anymore because the kids are too old for childcare.  My ex didn't have to pay more when he started living with him mom or when he had some dumb desparate woman paying his bills... the only thing that matters is your income and child related expense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Apply  for PA.  Most states require that you go through the legal  child support process.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2014 at 12:51 AM

http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)