DH and I both work full time. I work 6a-2p Tuesday-Friday, 7a-3p Saturday. DH works 8a-5p Monday through Friday.
When I went back to work about a year ago, we had the mom of a little boy in DD#1's pre-k class watch the younger two when DH and I were both at work. That worked pretty well for a while. Then my grandma came to visit and watchted them for several months. The day that the first lady was supposed to start watching them again. I got a text, less than an hour before he was to drop them off, that she was sick and not able to watch the kids. DH called off of work, because we didn't have back up care.
We found someone to start watching them before the end of the week. She watched them for about 2 months, and then we had issues with the kids getting a little sick and missing a day or 2, not in a row, and her not wanting to credit us the days she didn't watch them. We also had an issue with her sending a text at almost 10pm Thursday night about not being able to watch the kids due to a family emergency. DH called off that day too. She refused to credit us that day, even though it was her fault/family that she couldn't watch the kids. I refused to use her after that, because the contact she came up with was more benefitial to her than it was to us. And she cocked a rather large attitude about it.
We switched back to the first one for a couple of weeks, but her daughter moved back in, and she had a TON of DR appointments(unmedicated bipolar). She wasn't able to take the kids with her. We found someone else who seemed like an answer to prayer and we saw eye to eye on everything. Then on June 17th, she tells DH that she is taking off June 30-July 7th as vacation. We took it in stride and tried to find someone to watch all 3 kids.
We were also trying to get me a Saturday off work, so we could take the girls to meet my mom(1/2 way between houses) so she could watch them for 3 weeks and give me a break(clinical depression diagnosis and not on meds at this time). In the meantime, she mentions the Monday before she is supposed to go on vacation about a deposit to hold the girls' spots. I have no problem with that, until she starts mentioning a deposit for all 3 for the week SHE is on vacation. She wanted a full week's pay as a deposit to hold their spots while SHE is on vacation. I said I have no problem paying the girls' deposit while they are gone and she is watching DS, but not before that. We decided to part ways at that point in time.
I was able to get a spot for DS at the daycare he is going to be in in the fall, and I want to keep him there. The only proplem is that there is no opening for DD#2.We would have to find a 2nd place for at least her, maybe DD#1 as well. DH however doesn't want them at 2 different places. He wants them all at the same place as a matter of drop off convenience for him, as traffic in our area gets SH*TTY after 7am.
We are picking up the girls (1/2 way again) on Saturday. I am watching them most of Monday, until my dr appointment, and then DH is getting off early to watch them. He is taking off that week from work, so we can get them back on regular schedule. He wants to have the vacation deposit watch them again(she has already agreed). But I don't want to switch DS. He is where he is going to be in the fall, if I am able to keep working, and I don't want to get him all confused. The girls would only be there until school starts, but it is possible if DD#2 can't get into preschool, that she can go to the daycare that DS is in.
*Nifty! I got featured!*