Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

There's a reason I hate doing things with my family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

A couple of weeks ago, my sisters came over and we all went to a concert in the park.  We all had our folding sports chairs.  Well, one of my sisters and I have the same chair, sort of.  DH and I just bought ours a month ago.  Hers is about 3 years old.  Color is the same, sort of.  Orange.  Except mine is bright orange and hers is more of a rust color. She takes hers everywhere.  The seat part have small food/grease/drink stains over a good portion of it. It's just not in new condition like mine is.  I'm sure in 3 years, mine will look similar, but it will be my or my family's own mess.

So I send her a text message that says that the next time we see each other, we have to remember to switch our chairs back since she grabbed the wrong one.  She was carrying 3 chairs.  Hers, mine, and one of the kids.  DH had the stroller with the cooler and I was wearing the baby.  So yeah, she is the one who put the wrong chair in the car.  Well, the text I got back said "I checked to make sure I had the right chair before loading up the car."  Which means...I'm keeping the chair I have even if it's not mine.  I'm just so annoyed by it.  I want my new chair back.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:51 AM

That is annoying, hopefully she will figure it out when she sees the chair in the light of day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have just said that it's easy to mix up they look similar but I'll bring it by when i get a chance. I'm sure it's an honest mistake even if it's not it's just a chair. No need to drag it and cause awkwardness. Just switch chairs and start putting your name on stuff.
PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Guess you are going to have to label things like when you were in school.  My brother ate my Christmas bon-bons...  And no I didn't ask for them back. grrrrrr

buttersworth
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

When you go to the next concert be the first to offer to carry the chairs back to the car, and switch it yourself.

EIther that, or forget about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Like the pp said, just switch it yourself. It's your sister, you're allowed to do that. Don't make a thing of it, it's not worth a fight. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM

I would have no issue just switching it myself.  Except that this was likely a one time thing.  I see my sisters about twice a year. Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Once every couple of years we do something random like this.  We are not the close, hang out all the time, type of sisters. And it's because something like this always happens.  Then my DH gets a bug up his ass that we should be closer to them.  Bites us back every time.  We lead very different lives and we don't live near each other.  She is often working up near where I live, though.  That saying "two ships passing in the night..."  That's us. 

IslandBreeze
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I lose things when me and my sister are in the same house.... No more.

But what really gets me more is how she treats me so I stay the hell away from her.

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Just confront her head on and take your chair. If you have any history of backing down to her, she is going to keep doing this. Reclaim your power!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I put our name on everything. Sometimes we pile things in cars and have no idea who's is who's.

misskiss21
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I'd say no you need to check again.....ugh I hear so many horror stories about sisters on this site and from my own mother. I'm glad I had a brother....no drama there....if he took my chair I'd punch him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN