Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Made to feel old :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Hi Ladies, How many of you have been told your of advanced maternal age? And is it to old to want to have a baby at 39 going on 40? Doctor suggested I get tubal ligation since I'm old (39). I felt so bad since that day I look at other women to see if they are to old to be pregnant. How many of you had babies at 39+
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

i was 37, i have a friend who was 42 when she got pg, 43 when she had her baby.

AbbyOregon
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say at that age you aren't to old. It's just a little more difficult. Some women have no problem conceiving at that age, others struggle with it.
Good luck! I hope you do conceive if that's what you are hoping to do :)
Tootsiegirl44
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are healthy and want a baby, then you shouldn't let what the doctor said stop you. I had my oldest son when I was 22, then after remarrying at 37, had my younger son at 41 and my daughter when I was 42. No complications during my pregnancies, I ate healthy and kept active, and my babies were perfect and healthy! They have brought so much joy into our lives, I can't imagine not having them with us. Oddly enough, other than suggesting genetic testing due to my being an older mom, not one medical person ever said I was too old or used the term "advanced meternal age" with me. I would start looking for a new doctor if I were you. Best of luck to you!

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh Lord, since when does 40 make you a senior citizen?   Most people my age are more equipped to raise a child than people much younger.

You won't even be 60 when that child is grown.

No, 40 is not too old to have a child.

AmaliaD
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My sil had a tubal pregnant at 39. Lost one of her tubes. Then had an accidental pregnancy the next year with only 1 working tube. Yes you can still have babies. She was fine but she's really healthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Tubal ligation? NO NO NO !!!

If my mother had gotten the same advice, I wouldn't be here today writing to you, and the mother of my own 3 children.

My uncle wouldn't exist. My sister in law wouldn't exist. I know A LOT of women who had children over age 35. These are a few examples.

My mother was 38, my father was 45, and they had 5 other children. I had no problems whatsoever.

I had my second and third child at ages 40 and 41, respectively. Doctors tried to scare me with all that sh*t and even wanted me to get an amniocentesis and I said NO. There's a risk to that procedure. After my second, they literally hounded me "This is your last one, right?" and tried to get me to tie my tubes after my third.

Listen, it's all bs.

You may or may not like my following opinion, but I will say it: it's not those ages that cause all the problems, it's the pre-natal vitamins that are GMO, and the shots they suggest pregnant women get, and the shots they give your babies. THOSE are the things that cause many problems.

Again, take what you will of what I've told you, but the proof is in the pudding. I know 5 women who bore completely and totally healthy children after the age of 38, including my own mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I was pregnant at ages 20, 21, 30, 35, 40 and 41.

My best and favorite pregnancy was at age 40. I was the absolute healthiest for that one too.

Quoting AbbyOregon: I would say at that age you aren't to old. It's just a little more difficult. Some women have no problem conceiving at that age, others struggle with it. Good luck! I hope you do conceive if that's what you are hoping to do :)

AbbyOregon
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! Like I said, some women have no problems as they get older. You are very clearly one of them haha. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was pregnant at ages 20, 21, 30, 35, 40 and 41.

My best and favorite pregnancy was at age 40. I was the absolute healthiest for that one too.

Quoting AbbyOregon: I would say at that age you aren't to old. It's just a little more difficult. Some women have no problem conceiving at that age, others struggle with it. Good luck! I hope you do conceive if that's what you are hoping to do :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Hi Ladies, How many of you have been told your of advanced maternal age? Personally I wanted to be done by the time I reached 35 (and I am done).  And is it to old to want to have a baby at 39 going on 40? For me yes, for you (or anyone else)-well, that's up to you.  Doctor suggested I get tubal ligation since I'm old (39). I wouldn't do it just because I was of advanced maternal age.  In fact, I'd be considering switching doctors.  I felt so bad since that day I look at other women to see if they are to old to be pregnant. If you can emotionally, physically and financially handle a pregnancy/child, then go for it.  How many of you had babies at 39+  Good luck.

LadyBugMom09
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 35 and want one more. Of course my OB told me all the added risks, but she didn't tell me I was too old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN