Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

just don't buy any clothes for dd and we'll not have any more issues

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

hi ladies, sorry this may be long, just need to vent a little.

so, what's happening it's that my mom is pissed because i gave away some clothes she gave dd(5) around thanksgiving and christmas last year, it was all size 4 and it really did not fit dd anymore, it was all dresses and too short for her now, and i didn't give it to just anyone, it was sent to a needy family member.

she said she did not believe it didn't fit her anymore that i just wanted to dress dd in ugly clothes dh picks, that dd is pretty and deserves to wear nice clothes, and more not worth mentioning, lets just say that she was pretty much attacking dh

i got mad because she has always judged dh for not having a great education, but let me tell you, we own our house, paid for, one in mexico too, 2 paid for cars, we do not have any debt and always have good savings, he is a good provider(subcontractor, so he makes good money) a wonderful husband and the best father to our dd(5) and ds(10 mo.), and we're only 28 y/o

we do not see my mother very often, her choice, so i told her "i'm sorry you cannot belive me, i'm not lying, but it just doesn't matter, so please just do not buy dd or ds anything, clothes, toys, anything and we'll avoid this argument in the future."

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrsmoonbeam
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
She doesnt rember how fast kids grow out of clothes?
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Ugh.
Traci_Momof2
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Is your mom kind of a controlling type?  Sounds like she is from what you wrote.  Sorry you have to deal with that sort of stuff from her, but I think you handled it perfectly.

CrystleCorry
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM

The best thing you could have done was tell her exactly that!! Stick up for yourself momma!! You and your hubbs are doing GREAT!! 

caro100
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Sorry about your mother, she is really missing out it sounds like by not wanting to get acquainted with your DH.  Sounds like your mother is a little poison person.  I would avoid her as much as possible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM

and the worst is dd is starting to notice, she gets really sad when she calls grandma and then granma says hold on, there's another call and she(grandma) hangs up and doesn't call back, as for the gifts, we are not going to be accepting anything anymore.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Time to cut her out of your daughter's life completely then.  

beckyv1972
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Its harder when GP dont see the kids much, and like stated previous she probably doesnt know how much your kids have grown. I think you were right about asking her not to buy anything for them anymore, espec. since you provide for them in the first place. As for your Dh's education, that is non of your moms business, he is a provider for the family not a teacher where it would matter. My Dh doesnt have a hs diploma but is working towards it, neither his nor my family brings it up. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN