Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

"Thanks for not being a lesbian!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
6 moms liked this

Is what I hear every other week from my crazy, conservative, religious mother. 

You've no idea how many times I would love to say that I batted in the minors but never went pro. 

Who gives a shit if I was a lesbian? People should love whomever. Stop with the hate crap. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamiJaAyla
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
JIJsMom
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Lesbians (and gays) rule.
Shame on the close-minded doofs in the world.
AcheronsWoe
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM
3 moms liked this

My daughter came out as lesbian, and then bi-sexual.  Her asshole father told her he was disappointed in her choices.  I told him that I was disappointed he's a shitty father, but at least that was a choice, unlike our daughter.  Now our daughter is pregnant and he seems actually PROUD of that.  he's an asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Sorry you are dealing with an asshole. My grandma and mother would disown me and my sister if we were gay. I whole heartedly disagree with that kind of attitude. 

I fear for my kids. My mom loves them to death, but if they ever ended up being LGBT I would support and love them, but it would be an uphill battle with my mom. 

Quoting AcheronsWoe:

My daughter came out as lesbian, and then bi-sexual.  Her asshole father told her he was disappointed in her choices.  I told him that I was disappointed he's a shitty father, but at least that was a choice, unlike our daughter.  Now our daughter is pregnant and he seems actually PROUD of that.  he's an asshole.

thisisbad
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Next time she says it make her justify it. Say as calmly and passive aggressively as you can, "oh really, why is that?" When she comes back with her inane illogical and intellectually unfounded response say something like "hmm, does that not seem a bit archaic for the 21st century? " Follow every bit of her fundamentalist rhetoric with a calm and calculated question. She'll no doubt end up in a bible bumping tizzy where you can finally end the conversation with something like "I do find them quite perplexing, those christians that pat themselves on the back in dogmatic righteousness over their little shared close-minded conceits of hatred and prejudice. It seems quite a perversion of God's true desire which, standing in stark contrast to their closed-mindedness, is nothing more than the pure of heart."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Well then thats her problem. If they are gay & she cant accept it , then she doesn't deserve to be apart of their life. Being gay isn't a disease or a choice or even a sin. Some people are just closed minded and old fashion. Quite annoying to be honest!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry you are dealing with an asshole. My grandma and mother would disown me and my sister if we were gay. I whole heartedly disagree with that kind of attitude. 

I fear for my kids. My mom loves them to death, but if they ever ended up being LGBT I would support and love them, but it would be an uphill battle with my mom. 

Quoting AcheronsWoe:

mmtosam06
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:10 AM
My mom always would tell dd (when dd was nursing) I hope you don't become a lesbian. WTF???
Starlit_Eyes
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have let something slip out ".... good times"  :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My grandmother is kind of like that. A few weeks ago we were having a conversation about places we would like to visit and I said I wanted to go to California one day. She popped out with "you don't want to go there. That's where all the guys are". I retorted with "then it's the perfect place for me!" With a huge smile on my face and it shut her up completely. I'm bi and she knows it but chooses to ignore it and says it's a faze.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Oh this is a conversation that's gone on for years. I've challenged her statements and flawed beliefs, but there's no reasoning with someone who's so deep in their "faith" they are missing the bigger picture of their religion. 

Quoting thisisbad: Next time she says it make her justify it. Say as calmly and passive aggressively as you can, "oh really, why is that?" When she comes back with her inane illogical and intellectually unfounded response say something like "hmm, does that not seem a bit archaic for the 21st century? " Follow every bit of her fundamentalist rhetoric with a calm and calculated question. She'll no doubt end up in a bible bumping tizzy where you can finally end the conversation with something like "I do find them quite perplexing, those christians that pat themselves on the back in dogmatic righteousness over their little shared close-minded conceits of hatred and prejudice. It seems quite a perversion of God's true desire which, standing in stark contrast to their closed-mindedness, is nothing more than the pure of heart."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)