Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Would you have called her out too?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a birthday party on Saturday for my son who just turned 5 years old. I get that summer birthday parties are tough because half the people I invited said they were out of town. One of my "friends" said she was out too but then on Saturday while my child's birthday party was going on she checked into a nail salon in town on facebook. She has a child that is 3 weeks younger than my son. I called her out, I could not helped myself. I commented on her check in that "hope you are enjoying yourself...btw, thought you were out of town?" She then deleted her entire check in post, lol. Guess she forgot she lied! I plan on responding to her kid's party invite with "I'll be out of town too" now.

Would you have called her out?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetsouthrnMom
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Hmm. If I were in that situation, I don't think I would have personally been so upfront and direct about the situation over Facebook, because I am not personally a fan of drama over the Internet or causing a conflict. I probably would have been hurt and angry, but asked her about it in person at another time when it was just us, because you never know what truly happened. Although it was in poor taste on her part, and rude, I don't think I would be petty to respond to a child's birthday party invite in that way to do back to her. But that is just my personal opinion.

lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Yah, probably.
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
No. This is an "oh well" situation. Maybe she didn't lie, and you may not have all of the facts. And as for the future parties, you do it for your kid's sake.
mom2twinboys07
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:24 PM
No. She is generally just a selfish person and that was my last straw. No need for her anymore.
3xangel
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Why waste energy on calling out someone that has already shown you that they are selfish & generally a flake? I would delete her from my FB & my phone. I don't need half-assed friends around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldn't have. For all you know she could have planned on being out of town, but plans changed. Or maybe she changed her mind and firgit about the party. Maybe her sin doesn't like your son.  If you still want to be friends with her, let it go.

Linard-1991
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Maybe, but i wouldn't go as far as denying my kid to go to a party as sweet pay back.
Patti-Gee
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Bitch move on your part..
ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you handled it well!  I would have done the same thing, not only for her lying, but for being so stupid "advertising" her lies.

SaskMummy
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM
No maybe she didn't want to take her kid to your kids party?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN