Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

A thanks would be nice....

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 16 Replies

I had to get husband up at five this morning for work. Well he immediately started saying how I purposely do my chores in the morning to not spend time with him. No, I do them then because he won't spend time with me or SS. He comes home, showers, eats then immediately goes to bed. HELLO!! He has a family. I spend more time with SS than husband. I would just like to know that the work I do at the house is appreciated. 

I'm a Bible believing, Jesus praising, church going, pro-life supporting mommy of one angel on earth, step mom to two beautiful children, wife of an amazing man, stay at home wife and mother that has been saved with amazing grace by the blood of Christ

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kss12
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Well, that's immature to make that comment.
He appreciates it, I think men thank in different ways. I know how you feel as I sometimes feel that way. With our 2 1/2 year old and then ss12 I do everything, and sometimes I feel it's expected, but then be does a thing or two around the house. Maybe tell him you wouldn't have so many chores to do if he helped, and if he helped it would make more time for you guys. Good luck!
notyethome1985
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM

What was so immature?? I have asked him to help. He won't. And if he does he still just tells me how I'm doing it wrong. My SS, who is eight, shows more appreciation and thanks. My husband always has something bad to say about everything I do. He'll talk about his ex gf and how "good she was" then in the next breath bad mouth her. I'm not his ex nor do I want to be. Yes, I have told him that too. 

Quoting kss12: Well, that's immature to make that comment. He appreciates it, I think men thank in different ways. I know how you feel as I sometimes feel that way. With our 2 1/2 year old and then ss12 I do everything, and sometimes I feel it's expected, but then be does a thing or two around the house. Maybe tell him you wouldn't have so many chores to do if he helped, and if he helped it would make more time for you guys. Good luck!

I'm a Bible believing, Jesus praising, church going, pro-life supporting mommy of one angel on earth, step mom to two beautiful children, wife of an amazing man, stay at home wife and mother that has been saved with amazing grace by the blood of Christ

kss12
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM
It was immature of YOUR HUSBAND to make that comment "you purposely do your chores in the morning so you don't spend time with me", I'm totally siding with you here!!!

Quoting notyethome1985:

What was so immature?? I have asked him to help. He won't. And if he does he still just tells me how I'm doing it wrong. My SS, who is eight, shows more appreciation and thanks. My husband always has something bad to say about everything I do. He'll talk about his ex gf and how "good she was" then in the next breath bad mouth her. I'm not his ex nor do I want to be. Yes, I have told him that too. 

Quoting kss12: Well, that's immature to make that comment.
He appreciates it, I think men thank in different ways. I know how you feel as I sometimes feel that way. With our 2 1/2 year old and then ss12 I do everything, and sometimes I feel it's expected, but then be does a thing or two around the house. Maybe tell him you wouldn't have so many chores to do if he helped, and if he helped it would make more time for you guys. Good luck!

notyethome1985
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Okay. Yeah it was immature of him. I have brought up my concerns of his time with the family and he says I'm being a bitch. 

Quoting kss12: It was immature of YOUR HUSBAND to make that comment "you purposely do your chores in the morning so you don't spend time with me", I'm totally siding with you here!!!
Quoting notyethome1985:

Quoting kss12: Well, that's immature to make that comment. He appreciates it, I think men thank in different ways. I know how you feel as I sometimes feel that way. With our 2 1/2 year old and then ss12 I do everything, and sometimes I feel it's expected, but then be does a thing or two around the house. Maybe tell him you wouldn't have so many chores to do if he helped, and if he helped it would make more time for you guys. Good luck!

kss12
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:25 PM
I don't get why he's not validating any of your concerns, he just makes a comment that you're being a bitch and what? Walks away?
Also, the fact that he's comparing you to his ex is confusing to me. What is he trying to get out of this relationship? If he consistently degrades what you do, why is he with you? Obviously because he loves you and wants a relationship with you, but he needs to realize what a wedge he's putting between the two of you, and the only way you can make sure he knows is by talking to him, no matter what his reaction is.

Quoting notyethome1985:

Okay. Yeah it was immature of him. I have brought up my concerns of his time with the family and he says I'm being a bitch. 

Quoting kss12: It was immature of YOUR HUSBAND to make that comment "you purposely do your chores in the morning so you don't spend time with me", I'm totally siding with you here!!!

Quoting notyethome1985:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM

ok we get it already your husband is a douche, we dont need anymore posts to prove it!

notyethome1985
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM

There are other women that come here and post about their SO constantly as well. No one has ever said what you have said. Don't sit here and act like I'm the only one that does it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

ok we get it already your husband is a douche, we dont need anymore posts to prove it!

I am a pro-life mommy that has one beautiful daughter. I live each say like it could be my last. I cherish every moment. I thank God for all my blessings. Have amazing friends that love me no matter what comes our way 

notyethome1985
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Either that or he argues with me when I defend myself. I've taken to walking away when I feel myself getting too angry. He then follows me and keeps egging it on. 

Quoting kss12: I don't get why he's not validating any of your concerns, he just makes a comment that you're being a bitch and what? Walks away? Also, the fact that he's comparing you to his ex is confusing to me. What is he trying to get out of this relationship? If he consistently degrades what you do, why is he with you? Obviously because he loves you and wants a relationship with you, but he needs to realize what a wedge he's putting between the two of you, and the only way you can make sure he knows is by talking to him, no matter what his reaction is.
Quoting notyethome1985:

Quoting notyethome1985:

I am a pro-life mommy that has one beautiful daughter. I live each say like it could be my last. I cherish every moment. I thank God for all my blessings. Have amazing friends that love me no matter what comes our way 

highlandmum
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM

You need to sit down and have a talk with him when you both have more level heads.  Tell him exactly how you feel.  Let him know you would like to spend more time with him after he is done work.  He may not even realize what he is doing.

kss12
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
There's no disrespect to your relationship what so ever when I ask you this, but what are you doing with him? It seems like he breeds zero positivity into your life, if he belittles you and demeans you then eggs you on when you walk away what kind of relationship is that?

Quoting notyethome1985:

Either that or he argues with me when I defend myself. I've taken to walking away when I feel myself getting too angry. He then follows me and keeps egging it on. 

Quoting kss12: I don't get why he's not validating any of your concerns, he just makes a comment that you're being a bitch and what? Walks away?
Also, the fact that he's comparing you to his ex is confusing to me. What is he trying to get out of this relationship? If he consistently degrades what you do, why is he with you? Obviously because he loves you and wants a relationship with you, but he needs to realize what a wedge he's putting between the two of you, and the only way you can make sure he knows is by talking to him, no matter what his reaction is.

Quoting notyethome1985:

Quoting notyethome1985:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN