• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed out some days!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone else have bad days where you feel like you yell at your kids to much ...then spend the next few days feeling super guily and beating yourself up for having a bad day and yelling to much?

It's a cycle with me, It usually happens during PMS time.   Usually about one or two days a month I get so stressed out that I feel like im going to lose my marbles.   I have 3 year old twins btw.   Monday this happen.  Ive been trying to Potty train my daughter, it was one of those days were it seemed like they didn't listen to anything i said, niether of them would nap, it was complet chasos all day long.  I feel like I yelled alot, even at my daughgter with the potty.  When my husband came home from work, i told him i needed a break. Well he never offered to take the kids outside or anything so basically i never got a break so by dark i was in tears.  Anyways, once i calmed down  of course then i start feeling like the worst mother in the world for having a bad day with them and yelling.  I hate when i have bad days like this. I just get so overwhelmed sometimes I cant control my emotions.   I work out of the home 2-3 days a week other than that Im prety much with my kids all day every day. I had to give up the gym which was a really big stress reliever but i just cant ever seem to get to go. My husband says he does not care if i have some me time but his attitude about it makes me think otherwise. 

Please tell me im  not alone and you other mom's have bad days like this? 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kss12
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
You're not alone. I'm due any day for my PMS, about 3 days before I get it I'm irritable, annoyed and rude. We have a 2 1/2 year old who doesn't bother me as much, but ss12 gets on my nerves during this time. He says random things like "what if Donald Duck was bill gates" and I look at him and say "what if you were Donald Duck, who asks that kind of question" and I'm always always nice to him, but during this time I get so irritated and feel like cussing everyone out! It's normal. I'm sure when our son gets older I'll yell at him! Dh's mom during PMS would chase dh around with a belt and whack him with it if he asked to go outside, but typically was a very placid, sweet woman. Aunt flow is a bitty!
ss1202twins
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM
I'm glad to here it's somewhat normal. It's so hard dealing with pms emotions and men have no clue!! I know what you mean about the smallest things getting on your nerves ...hearing mommy 50 times in a row makes me wanna scream some days.
beckyv1972
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Heck yea!!!! If me and Dh have a misunderstanding I have a bad habit of getting snippy with the kids. (usually he has an attitude about something the kids did or didnt do)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)