• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pissed

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

Long story short...my fiance and I are getting married next year. His dad is dealing with MAJOR health problems. His sister is being bitchier than normal, and EVERYONE is extremely stressed out. My fiance decided to find a full time job and take online classes for school while I take care of our son at home. My mom said they are hiring at the plant she works at. She gets good benefits and pay. On his way there, he gets lost and decides to blame me for not going with him when he knows I have a million and one things to do here. I have to make sure that the house stays clean so his mom won't stress over stupid things, we need clothes washed that only I wash, and our room still needs to be reorganized. So after getting lost, I tell him to set his GPS to the mall and then go find the WIN center. I figured get them to help first then apply at my mom's job. No. He goes and complains and gripes saying f-it. He is just going to come home. Now, he is going to my mom's work to apply but I doubt he will go to the WIN center though he really wants a full time job supposedly. I'm just sick of being blamed for this stuff when it isn't my fault. 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
heathermom4
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Ok I dnt mean to sound bitchy but you could have gone with him being you know where he needed to go. After all you can clean an wash clothes any time. I think he had a right to b mad an a good point had you gone with him ge would not have gotten lost.
TXCatLady
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM

We are talking about an adult...geesh he should be capable of following directions or using GPS to find a place...what a baby..sorry sounds like you really have your hands full...hang in there

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Or maybe, HE could have acted like a grown-up and made sure he knew how to get there beforehand. HE could have looked up the place on google maps, plugged the address into the GPS, or asked her mom how to get where he needed to go. If HE had acted like a responsible grown-up this would not have happened. SHE is not his mommy and it's not her responsibility to make sure he does what he needs to do.

Quoting heathermom4: Ok I dnt mean to sound bitchy but you could have gone with him being you know where he needed to go. After all you can clean an wash clothes any time. I think he had a right to b mad an a good point had you gone with him ge would not have gotten lost.

143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:22 AM

My dh does the same thing. I get blamed for whatever strikes slaps his ass cheeks. If we're on the phone, I just hang up on him. I don't like doing it, and I was taught better. But when he gets on a tear there's absolutely NO reasoning with him, I can't get a word in edgewise it's just the best thing.

Next time he tries to blame you, seriously, tell him he's a grown man to put his big boy panties on, grow the fuck up and start acting like one. Then tell him to do whatever he wants you're not his mother, say good-bye and hang up. 

He'll call back, but stay super calm, and just say "I'm not staying on the phone for you to yell at me because YOU didn't act like an adult. Good bye"

He'll get the message. Hell if my dh can, yours can.

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Thanks! My SO is very stubborn and like your dh won't let me talk when he goes on a rant. Luckily, he finally shut up and listened to me which got him where he needed to be. I think he is starting to learn that I know what I am talking about.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

My dh does the same thing. I get blamed for whatever strikes slaps his ass cheeks. If we're on the phone, I just hang up on him. I don't like doing it, and I was taught better. But when he gets on a tear there's absolutely NO reasoning with him, I can't get a word in edgewise it's just the best thing.

Next time he tries to blame you, seriously, tell him he's a grown man to put his big boy panties on, grow the fuck up and start acting like one. Then tell him to do whatever he wants you're not his mother, say good-bye and hang up. 

He'll call back, but stay super calm, and just say "I'm not staying on the phone for you to yell at me because YOU didn't act like an adult. Good bye"

He'll get the message. Hell if my dh can, yours can.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM
He's immature men generally mature more slowly. Next time pull up
The directions for him. Are you the smarter one?
Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Seems like it. He is a little younger than me and doesn't always think before he acts. I, however, do. Next time, he will have the directions in advance. 

Quoting VinVanMom: He's immature men generally mature more slowly. Next time pull up The directions for him. Are you the smarter one?

Goodybag1
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Sounds to familiar. My husband and I do the same take our frustrations out on one another. Pay him no mind he's just frustrated. If you have time get him some directions that will lead him to some coins.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)