Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something I NEEDED to get off my chest ....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

I just wanted to take a moment to express my distaste on a subject that apparently hasn’t been brought up much on this site. I’ve seen a few posts recently that state how certain subjects aren’t brought up much, and I’d like to take some time to REMIND you ladies of a certain word - R E S P E C T!!!! There’s been a LOT of Gay Bashing, anger towards “Gay Marriage” and the like. Women venting about issues that SHOULD’T be issues!!

Now, I’m not sure how ANYONE feels - nor do I care, honestly!! - about things like Transexuality, Gender Reassignments, Gender Identity, or anything regarding the BASHING of how someone lives their SEXUAL life OR Bashing someone for HOW they IDENTIFY to society the person that they are.

In short, I’m SICK of coming across posts reading stating a vent about something that doesn’t even DIRECTLY AFFECT THE POSTER!! FOR REAL LADIES?!?! I’m SURE that there has to be not just Heterosexual & Homosexual Mothers on this site, I’m sure there’s Pansexual, and I’m ALSO sure that there’s even just a handful of Women on this site who were born and ASSUMED to be a male human because of the gender between their legs!! Gender is NOT between someone’s legs!! HOW someone chooses to identify themselves with society, be it that they APPEAR to be female in how they act or dress to the “normal” human eye, is NOT ANYONE’S BUSINESS BUT THEIR OWN!! If they’re HAPPY, LET THEM BE HAPPY AND STFU!!!! If they’re NOT directly affecting your life, LEAVE THEM ALONE!! YOU don’t go pushing YOUR sexual values or life down everyone’s throats, so just like religion, LET THEM BE!! BEFORE YOU GO AND CHOOSE TO BASH SOMEONE, PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL????

And before someone goes and starts crap with me, let me state that I am a Heterosexual mother, raised by two Heterosexual parents, and my SO’s parents were ASSUMED to both be Heterosexual until after they divorced, then his mother realized she is Homosexual, and has been in a happy and committed (and now recently married) woman who raised an amazing son! I’ve met and become close friends with a female of whom was born and forced to identify as a male for the majority of her life. So take that all into consideration before assuming that this is more than just a troll post or anything. Just SUPER upset I keep seeing crap like this, and while I’ve USUALLY chosen to just ignore and exit out of the posts I’ve stumbled upon, I’ve seen so many lately, I felt it necessary to REMIND everyone that we’re ALL human and should ACCEPT each other and not just go around judging. What does that teach our kids?! Society is progressing so that people can live their lives more and more without fear, yet a good majority ALWAYS finds a way to act like there’s shame because of something they’re against! QUESTIONS and UNDERSTANDING are one thing! Telling someone they’re wrong to feel something about themselves that they can’t physically change isn’t right. Wish I could get everyone to just be NICE to each other for once!

Rant over.

For those who are taking the time to read this, Thanks.

For those who I KNOW will bash this, please just be nice and take the time to just click on the little red “X” box above on your browser, You’re entitled to make posts I don’t agree with and I “leave the room”, you’re also entitled to react the same way I do to your posts.

For those who will post a response under Anon, I’m sorry you didn’t feel comfortable enough to expose who you are.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
britaylor
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Very well said. No reason to dislike or hate on someone unless they give you a reason to. Everyone deserves respect no matter what their sexual preference is. As long as they are being respectful toward you they deserve the same respect back.
Goodybag1
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Although I agree with you, I thought everyone has a right to give the opinion.
happynewyorker
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I agree with Goodybag1, we all have our own opinion.  Not everyone agrees with our opinion and go on the attack. 

When it comes to someone's sexuality.  Hey, what ever you choose for yourself.  I with you 100%.  I'm not here to judge you.  Sure I understand we all have our opinions and many don't agree.  That's what Cafe Mom is all about.  Voicing your opinions. 

Tara7250
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:03 PM
A lot of people clearly don't understand of different types of sexuality. Its not their fault its the way they've been raised and been taught. A lot of people are set in their ways and have a negative mindset towards something alien and they haven't been taught properly. Or never been exposed to these kinds of unique lovely people properly.
Its sad that its the majority of the world thing negative in different types of sexuailty.
Its like back in the day that people were discriminating blacks because they were different and they didn't look like the norm.

We can rant and rave but sadly enough society is never going to change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)