Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Hate my job!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 13 Replies
I hate hate hate my job. If I wasn't 33 weeks pregnant I would be looking for a new one. They have dropped my hours to the point I only work one day a week for 4.5 hours. What is the point of even working. I think they are doing it because I am pregnant but I dont have actual proof. This is getting ridiculous. I can't quit and I still have a month left till I go on maternity leave. What makes it worse is school is going to start soon and my ds birthday is coming up. My check was only $123 for 2 weeks. Ugh I wish I could quit and tell them to kiss my ass.
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sure it is because you are pregnant. That is so not fair. Hang in there!

lucky2Beeme
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Maybe they can tell that you hate the job through your actions and demeanor. So they are trying to help you quit.

tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Nope not it at all and yea I found out today that its because I'm pregnant so I will be making phone calls tomorrow.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Maybe they can tell that you hate the job through your actions and demeanor. So they are trying to help you quit.

JudyE07
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Same thing happened to me once and I was cut to 15 hours a week and was trying to pay rent and utilities and gas in the car etc. Will pray for you

JudyE07
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Quoting tlynn28: I hate hate hate my job. If I wasn't 33 weeks pregnant I would be looking for a new one. They have dropped my hours to the point I only work one day a week for 4.5 hours. What is the point of even working. I think they are doing it because I am pregnant but I dont have actual proof. This is getting ridiculous. I can't quit and I still have a month left till I go on maternity leave. What makes it worse is school is going to start soon and my ds birthday is coming up. My check was only $123 for 2 weeks. Ugh I wish I could quit and tell them to kiss my ass.

Check and see if any schools can donate uniforms or supplies. Some do  just call around. Even our sheriffs dept. does a drive every year and collects stuff for kids.

tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Its been like this since the last week of june. Any of the other employees in my department are still working regular hours. I'm the only one that has been cut down as bad. Thats why I had a feeling it was because I'm pregnant. I think they are trying to get me to quit because they know they cant fire me. I come to work I'm never late and I don't make customers mad. But because im pregnant im getting punished.

Quoting JudyE07:

Same thing happened to me once and I was cut to 15 hours a week and was trying to pay rent and utilities and gas in the car etc. Will pray for you

doubledoos
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM
That's not right talk to your supervisor about your hours and see what happen
tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:48 PM
The sad thing is I already did 2 weeks ago. My hours still have not been fixed.

Quoting doubledoos: That's not right talk to your supervisor about your hours and see what happen
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I hated my job too. Yesterday I broke down infront of my husband because I've been stressed out. So he told me to quit and he would take on a second job:)
tlynn28
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Ugh I wish I could do that. I go on maternity leave the last day of August. I want to quit now and not deal with the bs but I cant. To top that off I wanted to put money back for while I was on maternity leave to help with bills and stuff but with them cutting me back so much it screwed me big time. I wish there was more I could do for what they have been doing to me but either way I'm the one screwed not them.

Quoting Anonymous: I hated my job too. Yesterday I broke down infront of my husband because I've been stressed out. So he told me to quit and he would take on a second job:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)