• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mind = Blown

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
So... a year ago my life was flipped upside down and I have been struggling to get it right side up again.

After the devastating loss of my baby and my fiance leaving me, I moved back in with my parents to help with the process of getting on my feet again.

A few months after being back here, a child hood friend and I went out to lunch to catch up. We hadn't spoken for nearly six years, as we had dated when we were younger and it ended rather badly.

We text every now and then but other than the occasional hello, how are you? We don't tall much. Until last month. Our childhood friend died from a heroine overdose. It was left up to me to let my ex know, so I called him up to break the devastating news.

I, along with our friends parents, were very worried about him; scared the loss would make him relapse. I told him I was always here if he needed to talk or a distraction.

He called me about two weeks ago and asked me to meet with him before he went to see our friends parents. He was very nervous and anxious and I have a brilliant knack for soothing peoples nerves. So I met him at the corner of my court and walked him to our friends. There, I gave him a hug and told him to call if he needed support in there.

We hadn't spoken at all until yesterday. I had a particularly bad night and was up until the early hours of the morning crying. I had put up a Facebook status claiming it wasn't a good night for me and he called me yesterday to see if I was already. Told him I was fine, emotions just caught up to me and thanked him for checking up in me.

This morning, I wake up to a text message; his girlfriend had gotten a hold of his phone and sent me a rather nasty text; telling me I need to knock it off with my flirtatious behavior and I shouldn't talk to men who are in a relationship. That I'm a self righteous bitch and a whore.

Now, I have never done anything to suggest any interest in my ex. I still wear my ex-fiances ring and currently have zero interest in being with anyone. Intact, I was actually ecstatic to fins out my childhood friend was in a relationship of two years and told him from the beginning that if his girlfriend had a problem with us talking because of our past, Id respectfully stop talking to him and assured I sisnt want to create any problems.

I am at a complete loss as to where she got that I've been flirting with him and perhaps if our friend hadn't just died, I'd somehow understand her outburst.. but I am at a complete loss for words and do not know how to react or respond to it.

I am angry; furious even, but lost. And now I am not so sure I'm happy for him; is that really the type of relationship he wants to be in? I am trying not to get to judgy, but goodness gracious the audicity of this woman.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Goodybag1
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Some women are just jelly like that. Hell I don't know what I would do in her shoes. If I were you I wouldn't say anything, y'all don't have a fling. Leave it up to him to explain not you. You owe her nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM

She deleted the texts and my number from his phone. Before he went to work this morning, she said something about it and he flipped out on her for going through his phone.. He called me on his break and asked what happened; I'd taken a screen shot of the text she sent and gave it to him. He is pretty furious and both of us are at a loss as to why she flipped out on me.

I told him if it was going to cause problems with them, then I wouldn't be offended if he stopped speaking with me but he's hellbent on not doing that and asked if we could hang out tonight. I'm not really sure what to think at this point; I don't want to get dragged into any drama.

I'm more or less angry about how she handled it; it was pretty immature of her. She should of spoken to him or called me at a decent hour to speak to me like an adult.

I really don't understand how some people function!

Quoting Goodybag1: Some women are just jelly like that. Hell I don't know what I would do in her shoes. If I were you I wouldn't say anything, y'all don't have a fling. Leave it up to him to explain not you. You owe her nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)