• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you not have a life!?!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 0 Replies

We recently hired a new driver for our business with max of 25 hours a week. Last week he worked three days, these week we've had nothing for him. We call him letting him know that there isn't anything up for his scheduled day but that we would call him once we had a descent run for him. Rather than wait, he comes in (he will even call first thing before coming in), even on days he's not even scheduled for. He stands around trying to make small talk. Saying how he just woke up (and as always he forgot to brush his teeth.. ack!!!) and how he has this planned and that planned, here let me fill you in on my life, here let me tell you about the things my wife and I are doing but yet we're too broke and that's why I need hours here. Hey, when do you think business will start picking up? Or hey - I see you have a customer, let me still stand here talking to you so that you can't get to your customer without being a total bitch to me and ignore me so that you can make a sale. It's frustrating.

I have been running our families business since my Mom has been out with pneumonia, which means I'm also trying to do the bookkeeping and buying - key word TRYING. I tell him every time that he comes in (as politely as I possibly can) that we would call him that I am too busy to sit and keep him entertained. That I am glad that he is willing to take over my main drivers days and offering to switch days with her and so on..... *sigh* But damn it - stop coming in every flipping day!! You live less than a mile from our store!!!! 

He came in this morning while I was with a vendor trying to figure out why our bookkeeping numbers weren't matching up to their's on payments. (Come to find out Mom had hand written a check two weeks ago and didn't post it to the account like she should have.) I had my desk covered in invoices and checks, sifting through with the vendor talking to him about it and the new drivers butts in about not having anything this week and how it looks like there won't be anything for next week, how he and his wife are going out to buy a new fridge today and oh hey lets talk about hurricanes and how my trailor park got flooded with yesterdays rain storm...... I held my own trying not to flat out tell him off. I can't help that we don't have a lot of business coming our way right now, it's summer time, it's always slow. Being that he drove for a floral shop before, he should know this. I politely excused myself from my desk and the vendor and for the hundreth time explained to him that when something comes in or if our main driver calls off that I would call him to come in, we had his cell phone number. I returned to the issue at hand and ignored him. I didn't have the time. 

I don't know how much longer he'll be with us. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)