Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm my brother-in-law's date!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Ok, so my brother in law is a very attractive 32 year old man. He and I have always had a very good relationship and we consider each other friends.  My husband, his older brother, is currently on a six month deployment overseas, however, my BIL is a decorated State Police sargeant and he recently invited me as his guest to an officer's ball that his squad is hosting. Even though we are friends, I found it a little awkward that he would ask me to be his date. I told my husband and asked what he thought I should do. His response was not very enthusiastic, but he said it was my choice in the end and he didn't mind either way. My husband and his brother have always been very competitive towards one another and there was even some tension when my husband and I first started dating. I am 28 years old and my husband is 38. My BIL has always seemed somewhat jealous that I married his brother and often tells me how lucky my husband is to have me.  My BIL has gone above and beyond during my husband's recent deployment in making sure that me and my daughter are taken care of. If something major needs to be taken care of around the house, he never hesitates to help. I just don't know if by accompanying him, I may give him the wrong idea.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Does he know this is a friends only deal?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Yes he does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Don't go with him
amygirl411
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I get the feeling he's overly jealous and even if he HEARS that you're just friends who're related via his brother, that he wants more with you. I personally wouldn't go. Just going to end badly IMO.

Cutenessmom
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I would be very careful your walking a tight rope here but make sure he knows it is a  friend date.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do it. You already feel uncomfortable and deep down know it's not a good idea. You know how your husband truly feels and you should respect that. Just tell your BIL something came up and you can't go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:23 AM

if you go on this date. you are a selfish woman.  stay true to your hubby.

krazymom2boyz
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Trust your instincts, they are there for a reason. If you feel uncomfortable and that he is wanting more, he probably is. Do yourself and your hubby a favor and don't let this go any further.
PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:50 AM

I really don't think you should go.  Even though you may only think of him as a friend, he may want more and try to take advantage of his bother's absence.  Your husband overseas doesn't need to be worried about what you and his brother are doing.  I'm not saying anything is going on; but he has more important things to worry about over there.  Good luck and God bless.  Tell your husband thank you for his service, and thank you for being a military wife that supports him.

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:27 AM
He is trying to get in your pants duh. An attractive 32 year old should have no problem getting a date. He certainly doesn't need to ask a married woman, especially the wife of a man he is known to compete with. He is trying to get you on the sack.

If you go you're obviously thinking about screwing him.

Btw, if you do go, realize most people there will think you're sleeping with him and of course, so will your husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)