Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I am so fed up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

I have been putting in applications for months. Every time I get the same answer, "We're looking for someone more qualified." And those fast food places everyone keeps telling to apply at(which I have) say stuff like, "We already hired someone." 

I haven't even made it to an interview! So that is not the problem. What the problem is, I cant make myself look worthy of hiring on paper without lying. And that is a no go.

I understand places wanting to hire people who know how to do the job and have a good record of employers. But if nobody will hire me, just how am I supposed to get a job?

I am 20 years old. No paid experience in anything. I have done volunteer work, but doing that does not get bills paid. I have seen stuff like, "Volunteer work does not count" on applications. Because I didn't get paid. 

I volunteered at a Christian Preschool as a teen and the animal shelter. Animals and children are what I love working with. I cant do an in home daycare because I lived in a two bedroom trailer with 4 other people.(Not including myself.) I want out, and I AM trying!!

I live in a small town. I want more than anything to move so I can have a better chance at finding work. But moving requires money. And money I do not have.

I refuse to go on any form of PA. I have tried staffing agencies and never got anywhere with them!

This is a vent. I am in the correct group for venting so don't bash me for complaining. I don't do it often. 

Feel free to give me helpful advice! Or share stories of similar experiences. 

If this happened to you, How did you get out of this hell hole? Did it take years? Did you just give up and become a SAHM?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM

BUMP!

KRhyMama2013
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Never happened to me, so heres a bump!

Adnalor
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try a temporary staffing agency. They can send you to real jobs, you'll get paid, and get experience all at the same time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Those are a joke. I've tried some before. Never got anywhere.

Quoting Adnalor: Maybe try a temporary staffing agency. They can send you to real jobs, you'll get paid, and get experience all at the same time.

Adnalor
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Not all of them. I worked for one many years ago and I worked every day. Also, some jobs hire solely through a staffing agency. They don't want to commit to hiring someone full time until they know what they are like as an employee. My husband got his job through one. Is the job market rough where you are? Maybe try to brush up on your interviewing skills . If you're young, you might want to consider moving to an area where jobs are better. Of course, that's hard to do with no money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM

The job market out here is horrendous.

I have never even had an interview. So, I know its not that.

Quoting Adnalor: Not all of them. I worked for one many years ago and I worked every day. Also, some jobs hire solely through a staffing agency. They don't want to commit to hiring someone full time until they know what they are like as an employee. My husband got his job through one. Is the job market rough where you are? Maybe try to brush up on your interviewing skills . If you're young, you might want to consider moving to an area where jobs are better. Of course, that's hard to do with no money.

Adnalor
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Ugh! Do you know anyone that owns a business that could let you work there? Or do you know anyone that could give you a recommendation? Do you have any skills you could use to make money in your own? I play piano, so I teach piano lessons to supplement my income. Is there anything you could make or sell to make cash?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Adnalor: Not all of them. I worked for one many years ago and I worked every day. Also, some jobs hire solely through a staffing agency. They don't want to commit to hiring someone full time until they know what they are like as an employee. My husband got his job through one. Is the job market rough where you are? Maybe try to brush up on your interviewing skills . If you're young, you might want to consider moving to an area where jobs are better. Of course, that's hard to do with no money.

Adnalor
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Ugh! Do you know anyone that owns a business that could let you work there? Or do you know anyone that could give you a recommendation? Do you have any skills you could use to make money in your own? I play piano, so I teach piano lessons to supplement my income. Is there anything you could make or sell to make cash?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Okay, just a heads up. I promise I'm not making up excuses so I dont have to work. 

The only person I know who owns his own business is my grandfather. He is a piano tuner and he rebuilds them. I "worked" for him for a while, but he never considered me as an employee and never paid me more than 20$ every other day. I dont even live in the same state as him anymore.

I have a learning disablilty. I have problems understanding things. So, I honestly cannot think of any talents that I can make money off of.

Quoting Adnalor: Ugh! Do you know anyone that owns a business that could let you work there? Or do you know anyone that could give you a recommendation? Do you have any skills you could use to make money in your own? I play piano, so I teach piano lessons to supplement my income. Is there anything you could make or sell to make cash?
Quoting Anonymous:

Adnalor
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Keel thinking. Could you be a nanny or babysit in someone's home? Maybe you can check listings in other areas. If you could be a live in nanny, it would give you a place to live and a way out of your area, plus job experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, just a heads up. I promise I'm not making up excuses so I dont have to work. 

The only person I know who owns his own business is my grandfather. He is a piano tuner and he rebuilds them. I "worked" for him for a while, but he never considered me as an employee and never paid me more than 20$ every other day. I dont even live in the same state as him anymore.

I have a learning disablilty. I have problems understanding things. So, I honestly cannot think of any talents that I can make money off of.

Quoting Adnalor: Ugh! Do you know anyone that owns a business that could let you work there? Or do you know anyone that could give you a recommendation? Do you have any skills you could use to make money in your own? I play piano, so I teach piano lessons to supplement my income. Is there anything you could make or sell to make cash?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN