Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Feeling smothered and frustrated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've been dating this guy for a while now but he is really smothering me. He is attentive but to the point that it starts bodering on obsessive. If he calls my phone and I don't answer he will hang up and call right back like 20 times instead of just giving me a chance to call him back. He is always trying to question me like im a child always accusing me of cheating. If I'm on my phone he wants to see it and know who it is. We've broken up for a few months bcuz I just couldn't take it. I had had enough. He just aggravates me so much and I have gotten to the point where I don't want him anywhere around me bcuz I'm happier when he is not around. He says he is just trying to make me happy which is great but I feel he goes into over kill with it. Yeah I want a good man but not an insecure obsessive bug a boo
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Adnalor
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Sounds like you've made your decision. That would annoy me too!
nmkj
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
You need to break up with him again if you haven't already. And don't go back to him again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Run
ahleesha14
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Some guys do that because they are doing something wrong. Tell him to back off a bit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Do the same back to.him. He'll run.
MonarchMom22
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM
3 moms liked this

please, please consider where this is going.  There have been so many posts on this site about relationships starting like this, escalating to being controlling and jealous - supsicious of everyone and isolating the gal.  This is the path to abuse.  It is not normal courtship or "making you happy"  This is someone obsessing over imaginary rivals.

Your gut is telling you this is wrong.  Trust your self and walk away.

cali_gurl
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Get rid of him NOW. Tell him you don't like the jealousy and him questioning you. That is not how you want to be LOVED. I had a guy like this once. NOT GOOD. This can turn into abuse and drama FAST.

PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM

RUN  Can you imagine if you get more involved how contoling he will be?

Corieva
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Run!

kadcas
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Yes yes yes!

Quoting MonarchMom22:

please, please consider where this is going.  There have been so many posts on this site about relationships starting like this, escalating to being controlling and jealous - supsicious of everyone and isolating the gal.  This is the path to abuse.  It is not normal courtship or "making you happy"  This is someone obsessing over imaginary rivals.

Your gut is telling you this is wrong.  Trust your self and walk away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN