Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WLS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you ever have weight loss surgery?

Options:

Yes

Never

Maybe someday, IDK

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

I am thinking about having weight loss surgery.  I have been overweight for most of my life, and this seems like it is the right solution for me.  Which of you have done this?  How did friend/family react?  Did you tell, or stay in the closet about it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Firespirit13
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I had gastric sleeve surgery in September of 2011 and I would do it again in a heart beat.  It has been the only thing that has really helped but it is a TOOL: not a magic pill.  People can get nasty about surgery being the easy way out but its truly not you still have to make permanent lifestyle changes and because your stomach is so small you have to learn to face all the things you have been eating instead (or at least that has been my experience).  For me along with the sleeve changing my lifestyle to include daily Yoga (i hat other formal exercise) and Clean Eating have been the best things I have ever done for myself and my family.  When I realized i had to change my DH was right there beside me supportive to the point we agreed to change together.  We removed all "nonfood" items from our home and if he wants to eat things like that that have chemicals in them he does it away from me.  Those things actually make me gag just thinking about them.  I could go on and on about things that have changed or things that are better but the fat that I wentt from 450lbs at the beginning of my journey to 190 today I think says itt all. I wish you all the best and if you feel surgery will work for you and you are truly ready to begin this journey then go for it!

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk about it in a more private setting :) I am just getting ready to being the next step in the process which is plastic surgery for the ecess skin (just found out my insurance will cover it)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)