Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dense breasts and mammography.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Went for my annual digital mammogram and got normal results Thank God! I didn't have one since 2012. I'm 53.

They gave me some information on breast density.

I have the heterogeneous type according to the tech.

So I read this information saying how only 48 percent of cancer is picked up on mammograms for people with dense breasts like myself.

Should I ask my doc for an ultrasound to be on the safe side?

I read nightmare stories where people have had normal results and were diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer a few months after a normal mammo result. 

Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I would go with ultrasound and thermogram over mamogram.  So much safer and the thermograms pick up hot spots long before they become tumors giving you enough time to make changes in your diet.  Vitamin D3 and iodine are the two supplements you should be taking for healthy breasts.  Read David Brownsteins book 'Iodine, Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It' and Mercola.com search breasts+vitamin d.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I would go with ultrasound and thermogram over mamogram.  So much safer and the thermograms pick up hot spots long before they become tumors giving you enough time to make changes in your diet.  Vitamin D3 and iodine are the two supplements you should be taking for healthy breasts.  Read David Brownsteins book 'Iodine, Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It' and Mercola.com search breasts+vitamin d.

Thank you so much PinkButterfly!

I do take Vitamin D daily and I just had my levels checked and they were 68 which is good.

I always read Dr. Mercola's articles as well. 

Thanks for your help and advice!

I will discuss this with my doc when he calls me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)