Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Law or Medical?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Which do you feel is a more dependable field of work in reference to job availability, and salary?

Options:

The Law Field

The Medical Field

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

Good afternoon ladies! Lots of moms on here have good solid careers, this post is directed at women in the medical and law fields or those that have been through the difficult task of selecting which field to enter into in college. I have always wanted to be a lawyer but many people, my advisors in school among them, say its better to go into medical, because the annual salaries are higher then in the law field. They also state that in the event that I want to move out of new york, which I do, it'll be far easier to find a job in the medical field then in law. Any advice tips or history to share? I'm currently a CNA and going to college, so I know I'm good at medical work however, I have also been a legal secretary in the past and since 8 years old law has really had my attention. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Thanks again!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Korben0306
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Go medical. If you have a passion to care for people medical is a good place to be. Also with medical you can transfer from state to state with not much issue. You in fact could transfer to another country.

I'm not for sure but it's harder to transfer from state to state with having to do the state bar exams.

Either way is a good choice but I suggest medical all the way.
kadcas
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM
You can do both and be in big demand. Defend or prosecut.
butzi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Go with what you love... Nothing worse than a doc who is in the profession for the money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I never looked at it that way but you are absolutely right, thank you for putting it in those words I think it's best I stick to Law. Thank you!

Quoting butzi: Go with what you love... Nothing worse than a doc who is in the profession for the money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)