Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Animal Abuse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Our family decided to get a dog. After looking at many we found one the says malamute/Shepard mix. Malamute is hubbys favorite so we decided, after talking to the owner all night that we would meet and see if its a fit. Before we get to the meeting here are some of the things the owner told us. First she was 80lbs, she said she slept outside because the dog could not hold her bladder overnight. She was a couch dog(was not to hype on this). She was great with kids, did not like toys or treats. She had all her shots minus rabies. Any way on too the meeting. We drive 30 minutes to meet a lady that was interesting, no exactly what I was expecting. She said she had to get rid of 2 of her 4 dogs because of family issues. Whatever that means. My husband gets out and meets a sweet sweet dog who is bone thin. No exaggeration. She is maybe 40lbs at most. The moment he sees her he knows we are taking her, whether or not we keep her. We could find her a better home than with this person. My husband notice she has had babies recently, like in the past 10 weeks or so. (He grew up around his mom breeding goldens) He asked said owner about it, she denies it. She says that we will be her 4th home. This dog is maybe 2 years old. She is very timid. My husband had to lift her up into our van because she is weak. Needless to say she is now laying on her new dog bed. Freshly bathed, the water was brown, DARK BROWN!!! Not sure she has ever had a bath. Or been to a vet. She is so great with our kids. OHHH and yes she LOVES dogs treats. She did not know what to do with herself. Also likes toys! We got her a pig leg that she devoured in 15 minutes! Scarfed her food in seconds has had 7 bowls of her water. We went on a walk with her and she loved it. She is NOT a malamute/Shepard mix. More like rottweiler/husky mix. So glad she is sleeping in our nice A/C home tonight not outside in the 100 degree weather. She is a fit in our family. We of course our taking her to the vet in the AM to have her checked out. I hope this lady gives those other dogs to nice homes. One last thing that irked me when we left from picking her up she said I am so glad I found her a nice home. What the hell are you talking about, you dont know us. Hubby said she is stupid. There you have it. Here is a picture that owner sent, We changed her name to Luna, my daughter picked that because of her eyes.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You are going to be rewarded for this in ways that you can't imagine now.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

She's beautiful.  I love happy endings.  *sob*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
She is so pretty. sounds like she has a good home! :). we are prob going to get another dog either from the pound or the humane socity. we had a neigbors dog in the house thursday she got out and nobody was home. and they had a wooden fence and it was locked no way for us to get her back in. it was hot and we didnt want her to get hit or picked up so we keept her intill they got home. we put a note on their door with our number and said we would bring her back when they called. we had her several hours. she got out again the next morning and came right to our door lol luckly they were home then so my son took her back. shes a german sheppard mix we think shes a sweet girl a 50lb lap dog
PCOSSucks0422
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You and your family are beautiful souls!  I hope that Luna brings you much happiness.

kadcas
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Please call on those people they should not have dogs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 28, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Thank you all for the sweet comments! She did great last night! 

beckyv1972
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

She is very cute. Sometimes the best dogs are the result of someone elses neglect. I agree with turning her in, let the local pound investigate her.

perrick86
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
She is so cute and I am thankful u took her out of that horrible situation. Can u plz call authorities immediately for the other animals in her possession? Im heartbroken at just the idea of those other dogs going through any kind of abuse, neglect etc., now after reading ur post I will think of little else so PLEASE, PLEASE CALL AND HAVE THE ANIMALS REMOVED. h
misskiss21
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

She's adorable! I'm so glad you saved her! Good karma coming your way!

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

People who abuse or neglect animals are the scum of the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)