Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drama Mama

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

My 3 year old daughter is driving me CRAZY! I have 5 yr.old twin boys too, but they were nothing like this. She has figured out that standing in a chair will get her to a cabinet or on top of things. Now she goes in all the cabinets and takes things out. Yesterday, she had gotten into my Garlic salt which I later found in the playroom all over the floor. I was furious!!! And lately she hates to go to sleep in her own bed.. she will get out constanatly, even if I spank her... she gets out 10-15 minutes later. Her father and I were having intercourse last night and she played at the door and finally found her way into our bed. I took her back for the 5th time ..but I'm at my wits end. She can't be left alone for more than a minute without destroying something and then saying she's so sorry- and then at the end of the day, she won't go to sleep. Any suggestions Ladies?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Sounds like a normal 3 year old to me. Just laugh and get through the day. My 3 year is several handsful. She finds new things to get into every day. Someday she'll grow up and I'll miss cleaning those glitter, tissue paper, and so on messes!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

She's 3, not an teenager! You can't compare how your twins acted. Every child is different. You can't expect a little to go to bed without some help. If you're expecting her to do EXACTLY what you say all the time with no arguments, then honey, I hate to tell ya, but she's a little. They figure out they can get into things and they explore - welcome to the world of having a toddler. She's making you pay for your raising and it sounds to me like she's doing a great job. Perhaps, write all the things she does down in her baby book and enjoy her. One day, she'll be a teenager, and she won't be getting into things and driving you bananas. Trust me, you'll turn around and your little girl won't be so little - there will be different battles and different things she's getting into. Reserve spanking for truly horrendous things and be patient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Well, she's not her brothers, she's not going to be just like they were.  She's her own person with her own personality, wants, needs, etc.  It sounds like she just needs a little more attention than her brothers did at that age.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)