Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow I hope this will result in what is best for the child.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • 1 Replies

My DH and this woman G were involved years ago and when she got pregnant she claimed it was DH's.  When the baby was born DH's parents took custody of him and the BM (G) had vitiation rights and was supposed to pay child support as well as my DH being ordered to pay.  After the child was about 8 months old my DH and I got back together and on my insistence he got a DNA test because I was tired of hearing from DH  about how he was "paying for a kid that probably wasnt his".  Well it WASNT. 

So my DH and his parents agreed he shouldnt have to pay and that he was taken off the order but I cant find it in the public record where he has been taken off and wee never received anything from the courts.  The BM hasnt paid a dime and has even borrowed from my in-laws.  Now that My in-laws have taken care of the kid until its now school time and all the really hard work (baby stages) is over suddenly this woman thinks she can just take him for the weekend and not bring him back she is enrolling him in school and acting like my in-laws dont exist.  They have taken steps to get him back and are pressing kidnapping charges (emergency hearing today).  My DH is all upset because he is worried that he will have to go back to MD (we are in CO) to help deal with this and get it straight   He and I are worried the courts will come after him for support because as far as i can see online through the public record DH is still listed on the papers as having to pay. 

Have any of you had to deal with such a situation and if so will the courts just give the child back to my inlaws or will he go into the system?  The childs father as far as i know doesnt care that he exists and he(the child) has been living with my in-laws since birth.  MY FIL has kept records of how often she (BM) showed up or didnt how often she didnt call or show for months at a time times she showed up so hung over he sent her away to sleep it off because she wasnt fit to handle a baby at those moments and other things. So as far as i can see the courts should pretty much terminate her rights and just give him back to my In-laws. But I know that isnt always how things work.  My DH is stressed which is making me stressed so i figure lets talk about it here and see what your take on this is   :)

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM

If your DH's parents have legal custody, then they should have no problem filing kidnapping charges and getting him back.

As for the rest, I have no idea.  But, I'd get a statement from DH's parents and make sure you have legal representation as well, just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)