Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take care of our own!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm so confused about the way the government takes care of our elderly! I am a care giver and have been for over 13 years. I think it is so sad to walk in to these people's home, and see and be a part of the way these elderly people have to live! It's just mind boggling to see what insurance companies will not pay for! These elderly are left alone and are completely not safe, they are a fall risk or have huge health issues. They can not get help and there is no help! And services to help them, either cost or insurance will not approve. Sure need a health aid to sit with you? The health aids are only approved for very few hours, need a ride? Public transportation is any where from 2-4$ to and from, just imagine if you have several dr appointments during the week, and they do not guarantee that the transportation will be there on time! It's a shame we can not take care of our elderly, the ones that have paved the way for us.. taking care of the elderly is my passion, and when you find your passion you find your purpose....
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM
My great grandma lived to be 95 and when her health got bad we placed her in a nursing home that allowed any family to come and go 24/7 so we all knew she was ok. Whatever her insurance didn't cover the family split the cost.

My husbands grandma is in poor health but whatever insurance doesn't cover her son does.

I agree it's a shame of the lack of care :/
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:18 PM

That is a shame and it's heartbreaking.  Thank you for taking the time to give these people care, love and support.

KREX0914
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Hmm. In my area we have a lot of services for the elderly including med aids, house keeping, adopt-a-grandparent, and guarenteed transportation to appointments, all free to SS recipients. But I agree we do need to otake careof the elderly, as a whole, better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)