Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disabled Veteran?! what do you think?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

How can you call yourself a disabled veteran? You jumped out of airplanes because it was fun. You saw absolutely no conflict. Your knee and back injuries that you get disability money for still allow you to walk, work, and chase women. Ontop of that you went AWOL and recieved a "less than honerable" discharge. The only reason it was not a "dishonerable" discharge is because your uncle was able to pull some strings for you. I find it insulting that you wear a military ring, spout all this military pride on facebook, and call yourself a disabled veteran.

Now you have a gofundme account and are using that status and our kids to try to raise money for a house. You no longer pay child support, you don't have student loans, you have a government job that pays well, and you get disability. You only support yourself and people are supposed to feel bad for you and help you buy a home? WTF! 

Would you say something to him or just keep your mouth shut? 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ysmeine
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:28 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say something. Any chance of doing so anonymously? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

SissySmurf
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I wouldn't say anything - if what he posts on Facebook bothers you, Unfollow him or delete him.. If his lifestyle bothers you, unfriend him.  If he asks YOU directly, for money, just tell him no and that you do not agree with what he's doing.. Until he comes to you and directly asks YOU for money, don't worry about what he's doing.  Just do your thing and let him do his, whatever that may be.

UmiFujii
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

As an Honorably discharged veteran, I think people like him are scum. General under less than honorable discharge and an AWOL says a lot about his worth. If he is functional and is currently working ND drawing disability, he does NOT need people to give him charity. Not when honorably discharged veterans are struggling, going into debt for a better education to be contributing members of society and are not receiving any benefits. 

Is this your ex? You mention your kids being used to get contributions. If he IS using your kids, you have a right to say something.

MamiJaAyla
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous: This

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM
His using their kids as part of his campaign AnD that seriously scuba and wrong.
Wonder if it could be views as illegal?

Quoting SissySmurf:

I wouldn't say anything - if what he posts on Facebook bothers you, Unfollow him or delete him.. If his lifestyle bothers you, unfriend him.  If he asks YOU directly, for money, just tell him no and that you do not agree with what he's doing.. Until he comes to you and directly asks YOU for money, don't worry about what he's doing.  Just do your thing and let him do his, whatever that may be.

ysmeine
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Thanks for the input. I still haven't decided if I will say anything. He hasn't raised any money yet. I admit I am jaded when it comes to him. There are reasons for that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)