Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

He will use the potty when he is ready!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am the mom of 3 happy and healthy kids ages 11, 7 and 4. I am constantly getting comments from my friends and family because my youngest son isn't potty trained and still wears diapers. I have this to say: Children learn at their own pace! My oldest was potty trained just after she turned 2 and rarely had accidents. So I started with my middle son at the same age. He wasn't ready! We stopped and went back to diapers and sometime after he turned 3, he started to figure it out but still had accidents until he was almost 5 and as of now still wets at night. My youngest has not been pushed at all and I feel like I am less stressed and so is he. The only ones adding stress are those who keep nagging about it! I guess they all have perfect kids lol
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM
3 moms liked this
He doesn't show interest at four? I assume he's not in preschool or daycare. Will he be starting kinder next year?
ThisCrazyLife00
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Are you planning on homeschooling?
Momof3smoochies
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM
7 moms liked this
Im sorry but I agree with your friends. At 4 he should already be potty trained unless there's a medical reason why he's not. Other than that. It's gross.
NeonGirl9583
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM
4 moms liked this
If my wasn't trained at 4 he would not come out of bathroom until he knew how to potty. My was all train by 3 and all have special needs. That kid needs a good butt whipping in my opinion.
sophiasmommy27
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Uhhmm. No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM
You are right kids will get interested in it wgen they are ready.

My daughter will be 2 in october and started to figure out how to use the bathroom and interduse tge the adult toilet. So when we get back from vacation we are getting potty to see what she does with it. We are also going to do prizes for her like chocolate. Then when she gets a lil older and doesnt et stickers we will trade that or give her a dollar when she goes so she can save it up for something she wants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Will begin pre-k in a few weeks. Maybe that will motivate him

Quoting PumpkinSpice8: He doesn't show interest at four? I assume he's not in preschool or daycare. Will he be starting kinder next year?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't see how a preschooler being a little behind on potty training is gross.

Quoting Momof3smoochies: Im sorry but I agree with your friends. At 4 he should already be potty trained unless there's a medical reason why he's not. Other than that. It's gross.
momofcourse
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM
7 moms liked this

yeah, it will motivate him when the other kids make fun of him for wearing a diaper.  I taught pre-k, no way I would let a kid that was not potty trained in the class to begin with, and even if a potty trained kid had an accident other kids would notice and make fun.  When are you going to finally force him?  My aunt had the same idea as you about letting them when they were ready, and my cousin crapped in his pants until he was 10. No lie.  And she would clean him up.  He would hold it all day at school and then come home and crap his pants. 

Quoting Anonymous: Will begin pre-k in a few weeks. Maybe that will motivate him
Quoting PumpkinSpice8: He doesn't show interest at four? I assume he's not in preschool or daycare. Will he be starting kinder next year?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM
5 moms liked this
Whip him for not being potty trained? For something he can't control yet? You are a mean one aren't you?

Quoting NeonGirl9583: If my wasn't trained at 4 he would not come out of bathroom until he knew how to potty. My was all train by 3 and all have special needs. That kid needs a good butt whipping in my opinion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)