Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Set husband on fire for molesting daughter

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this

‘Mama Bear’ Sets Husband on Fire After Finding Out He Molested Her Daughter

A Washington state man who was set on fire by his wife less than two weeks ago is now facing child molestation charges after his wife told police he sexually abused her daughter. On July 17, 40-year-old Tatanysha Hedman set her husband, 52-year-old Vincent Phillips, on fire while he slept in their Renton home. Once Phillips realized what was happening, he managed to flee the apartment and drive to a local Skyway convenience store, where security footage shows him just moments before passing out on the floor. Right before collapsing, Phillps allegedly told the clerk, “I’m on fire! Help me! It was my wife!” People in the convenience store quickly helped while the clerk called 911, and Phillips was soon rushed to the hospital. He is currently in intensive care at Harborview Medical Center, where he is being treated for severe burns. However, when police finally arrested Hedman, she gave them a chilling reason for why she decided to light her husband on fire. Hedman accused her husband of molesting her 7-year-old daughter, who is Phillips’ stepdaughter. According to KOMO-TV, the distraught mother admitted to police that she purposely chose to set him on fire, rather than just shoot him, because any less painful method “was too nice.” Even though Phillips is still in the hospital, detectives said on Wednesday that they plan to recommend he be charged with first-degree child molestation. As for Hedman, she is still being held at King County Jail on arson and assault charges. Her bail is set at $500,000.

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veggiemom474
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM
6 moms liked this

The only issue I have with this is, the fire could have spread and hurt another person.

Schnauzerlov869
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
9 moms liked this

I agree......is it bad that I hope she gets off for doing it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
8 moms liked this
Awesome. I wish I had bail money to go get her out!
runningbear123
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

She is risking jail time which essentially results in her daughter not having her there to help work through this. I would let her off if I was on the jury.

AnonyDaMouse
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
eh i hope she gets off for temp insanity.
id do the same thing if anyone hurt my children all tho id probably tie him down and then set him on fire so he wouldnt survive.
KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:13 PM
3 moms liked this

wow, he does not sound too smart.  If I was on fire, my first thought would not be to jump in the car and drive down the road...lol

Banana.Time
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I hope she gets away with it. It was careless of her though since they live in an apartment. Many people could have been hurt.
awaremother
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM
6 moms liked this

I respect this and would have done the SAME thing...shooting him would have been to kind. How can we get this women back home to her daughter???! The justice system doesnt do anything to child molesters but give them a little bit of time,more time is served by people that get caught with a joint. I hope he dies very painfully because it will be nothing to the pain this little girl will suffer with for the rest of her life. If I had that kind of money Mom would be out today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I completely support her.
btbgmom
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I get it. I'd be murderously ticked, too. But I wouldn't want to go to jail and leave my daughter alone, knowing how much she's already been through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)