Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

bulls*** excuse from my selfish sister

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I rarely post or really vent, but here I am at 1 am. Unable to sleep and just sad. So, here is my story/vent. Thanks in advance to those who took the time to read my vent.

So, tomorrow night I start my vacation. I fly out on Wednesday morning with my family to visit my mom on the east coast. I live in washington state, my sister and mom live in virginia. Backpedaling a bit, the reason I was going out there was to go to my sisters wedding. My daughter and I were to be bridesmaids. We secured plane, rental car, and hotel. 5,000 dollars all nonrefundable pretty much. My sister breaks off her engagement with this guy about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunate, but i don't want her to marry the wrong guy. A week later, she calls me and tells me she married a random guy she is acquaintances with and they are trying to have a baby. She called not even a week later and tells me she is pregnant. She moved in with this guy's mom 4 hours away, quit her job and it sounds like he doesn't have a reliable job either. My mom and I were in shock, and angry, hurt, worried, disappointed. She really wants us to meet the guy when I visit, but i declined..I just said the timing is poor and I just need to grasp it, but eventually I will accept it. She said she understood and so did he. We talked several times and it seemed we were fine and she would meet us in the town I rented my hotel.

Well, fast forward to yesterday. She calls me and asks me to please reschedule my vacation. Come another time. Can't I cancel my plane and hotel? I tell her no. The plane and hotel are non refundable. My boyfriend and my vacation time at work is set in stone, I can't get those vacation hours back. The excuse she gives is She is worried about my family's health because of ebola. Wtf. I am in Healthcare and so is my SO..the risk of me getting ebola is minimal at this point. She then says she doesn't want to put herself at risk of getting sick by being around us since we are going to be in a plane..and the town she used to live in 3 weeks ago is heavily populated and she doesn't want to put her 3 week old embryo at risk of catching ebola. To me, it sounds like she just doesn't want to see us. Or she is getting back at us because I am just not ready to meet her new husband of 2 weeks.

My sister and I also have somewhat of a complicated history. She told me about 4 months ago during a drunken rage that she has always hated me, I am selfish, a shitty mom, abusive...I had no idea she felt that way about me. I forgave her bc she is my only sister and I love her. If anything I was really concerned and worried about her. But, this stress and walking on eggshells and now this disappointment of her flaking out on seeing me and my family when I was going out there FOR her, I have just decided to cut ties with her. I realized that I can't force my sister to care. Just because I want to be close to her, she really isn't interested.

Well, thanks again to those who took the time to read my vent. Maybe now I can sleep and salvage this vacation. On the plus side, I will be seeing my mom and am happy about that. She hasn't met my youngest yet, who is a year old.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2bahandcch
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:59 AM
She sounds lovely! Have fun seeing your mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this
ThanK you! I am looking forward to seeing her.

Quoting mom2bahandcch: She sounds lovely! Have fun seeing your mom.
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Have a fun vacation!  Spend as much time, as you can, with your mom and tell your sister to fuck off.

girlnextdoornco
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear that your relationship with your sister is strained. Hope you and your mom have a wonderful time together. I bet she is so excited to meet her little grandbaby.

~sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy~

Anomalous89
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

This exactly!

Quoting offrdngal:

Have a fun vacation!  Spend as much time, as you can, with your mom and tell your sister to fuck off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks alot. After getting some sleep, I feel much better and am ready to refocus. It is what is...and kharma's a bitch.
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM
I would still go on the vacation. Make it fun for the kids and let your mom meet your baby. I bet she misses her grand babies. I'd ignore your sister.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM

She sounds crazy.  I live in Virginia, exactly where are you supposed to contract ebola from?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Yes, I plan to ignore her. It's just sad that it came to this. My mom is also disappointed in my sister's behavior and how she is treating me, but we plan on having a good time with the kids.

Quoting MrsWhite101610: I would still go on the vacation. Make it fun for the kids and let your mom meet your baby. I bet she misses her grand babies. I'd ignore your sister.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Yeah, she is a little nuts. I really thought she had a breakdown or something by getting married AND trying to have a baby by some random guy a WEEK after breaking it off with her fiance.

Apparently, I am supposed to pick up ebola at dulles intl. Mind, I am not flying out of Africa and I won't be handling anyone's bodily fluids, but the baby's..but, it's just an excuse. A bullshit one.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

She sounds crazy.  I live in Virginia, exactly where are you supposed to contract ebola from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN