Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

3-6year olds in pushchair..makes me scream inside.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 78 Replies
3 moms liked this

When i am out and about and a  women or a family goes past me with a perfectly able walking child in a push chair or your getting on a bus with your new born and the pram space is taken up by a women and 4 year old in a pram and i get asked to take my 3 month old  out his pram to fold it and store it away. I DON'T THINK SO.

When a child starts nursery (kinder-garden) i feel they should be walking about, to me its just laziness putting them in a pushchair at that age and when you ask them to get out they take the most biggest tantrum in the middle of the path cause you asked them to walk.

I over heard this mother say oh i am going to get """"" a new pushchair for his birthday something nice the person who she was taken to looked shocked and her words were isn't that a waste of money your son is 6 years old shouldn't he be walking...This mother thinks her son walks and runs about enough at school it wouldn't be faire to make him walk outside of school..well be ready to have a 40 year old boy living in your loft..

just makes my blood boil people are getting to lazy now a days and then they wounder why their children act like little shitlets.

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miller0305
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
6 moms liked this
I don't get myself worked up over other people's choices. It has no bearing on your life...
PeachQuean
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Mine are out as soon as they can walk without falling.

What others do IDAF about........
Mandymb
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM
By push chair you mean stroller? Never heard of a push chair. Anyway I don't let the choices of strangers bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you mean a stroller?

Anyway my son used one until he was about 4 because we were 3.5 miles a day in the summer. It really isn't a big deal especially before the age of 5, and doesn't make anyone lazy or "little shitlets"
becca0992
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this

It does when i have to take my young son out of his pram cause a 4year old is taken up the space..

Did i misunderstand the title of the group "VENTING BOOTH" cause if that means something else then i am sorry

becca0992
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

5 year olds should not be in a "stroller" "pram" "pushchair" they are going to primary school by then..

3.5 MILES that is the distance to the nearest park from where i live the nursery children walk that everyday and that is 2-4 year old all year round. Also if they start nursery and school they will be walking on average 4miles a day anyway running around and playing they don't use a "stroller" then.

it is my opinion if they have legs and feet and able to use them then they should be using them..if people want to push their 3,4,5 year old child around then good on them but they take up space on paths when their child doesn't want to walk taken a tantrum and space on transport which is not for them bus drivers have to ask them to move...Also in my OPINION most children in this world are turning into little shitlets cause parents are being lazy..

Its only a vent not a dig at anyone.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you mean a stroller? Anyway my son used one until he was about 4 because we were 3.5 miles a day in the summer. It really isn't a big deal especially before the age of 5, and doesn't make anyone lazy or "little shitlets"

Bresmom13
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the situation, if im out running errons and will be walking alot it is easier to push them. Now for the bus, I would make them stand or hold them if it was that crowded, im atleast courteous about taking up space.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I don't think that has ever bothered me but I haven't had to take the bus either and had someone taking up space that way.  That would annoy me.  I think it's nuts that woman said her child walked enough in school and wouldn't be fair for them to walk in other places. 

My kids wanted to walk everywhere as soon as they were able.  When we were out and about and they were still little though, they were in a stroller or in the shopping cart so I could get my errands done.  I got them used to walking though, staying with me and listening and haven't used a stroller since I don't even remember when.

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! well I can see how other people's choices could bother a person, but this is one of the pet piev's I wouldn't air on the internet... I mean some things you need to just get pissed off about for a min and then let it go and move on...

I have a three yr old right, and sometimes if we're out for a while, and walking a lot(doesn't happen offened but still) when it does happen, and he get really sleepy or winny I use a stroller with him...

Anyway, why do you act like you really care so much...

amybrg86
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM

what is the average age you stop using a stroller with your child? i've always wondered...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)