Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

How can women enjoy being a SAHM?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 535 Replies
14 moms liked this

It is so unfullfilling, boring and you are no longer a worthy contributing member of society. I used to have an actual career. I used to mean something to people. I used to have a paycheck of my own! My independence is gone! I now fucking rely on a man to get a fucking allowance from like a little child!! I HATE it. I feel so worthless and dependent and infantile and imprisoned.. I thought becoming a SAHM would be a dream come true since I was always a working mom and supported my kids awesomely on my own. I got married and quit my job because I thought thats what I always wanted, but now being a single income household we struggle so much financially I have never been this broke in my life I can't even afford the gas to leave my house sometimes and I live in the middle of the woods in fucking cold ass alaska and nothing is within walking distance and I have no fucking friends I just don't understand how women can want this kind of life? unless their husband is rich and their life is full of soccer practices and swim lessons and dance recitals and bookclubs and play groups and socials clubs and tons of bull shit like that and you're constantly busy and have a social life then maybe it would be ok... 

I just don't understand how so many women can be ok with having a total loss of dependance and being completely dependant like a little child on their husband for money how can that be ok?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM
139 moms liked this
My life isn't anything like that and I'm a sahm. I don't get an allowance because I'm not a child. Sounds like your man is the issues. Not sahms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I miss having a pay check I have to ask for money and it fucking sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:08 PM
15 moms liked this
Ugh. Your life sucks.

I'm a SAHM, it's not always peaches and cream, but it's worth it.

Most importantly I make it what I think it should be.
nocalmegan
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM
37 moms liked this
Well that's your issue. It has nothing to do with being a sahm in general. Most of us have debit cards and do as we please. Being treated like a child would be irritating no matter what your role at home is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I miss having a pay check I have to ask for money and it fucking sucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:11 PM
46 moms liked this
Im a sahm and I really enjoy it. I have gotten to see my DD grow. When she 1st started crawling, her 1st tooth, giggle, smile, steps.(not in that order)

Its amazing. I'm still looking forward to when she is able to climb on the slides and swings by herself.

My husband is making enough money to support us and although we are not rich we do have a very active life. For me it's not depending on a man, its having a husband who loves me enough to support me and my DD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Im a wm and im also a single mom. But when i was a sahm i felt the same. I also was in an abusive relationship. So im sure that now how all sahm are. But i was also. I prefer being single and working.

Quoting nocalmegan: My life isn't anything like that and I'm a sahm. I don't get an allowance because I'm not a child. Sounds like your man is the issues. Not sahms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM
67 moms liked this
Then go get a job and stop complaining. Just because staying home is not for you don't put others down for their choice. Many sahm's aren't treated like you they actually are valued in their relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM
32 moms liked this

Sounds like you have the issues, some deep seeded ones... I don't have those issue as a SAHM. I would rather mean something to my husband and daughter than mean something to coworkers and people who in reality don't give a rats ass about you. I guess different people find value in different things...

nocalmegan
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Yeah not the same at all.

Quoting Anonymous: Im a wm and im also a single mom. But when i was a sahm i felt the same. I also was in an abusive relationship. So im sure that now how all sahm are. But i was also. I prefer being single and working.

Quoting nocalmegan: My life isn't anything like that and I'm a sahm. I don't get an allowance because I'm not a child. Sounds like your man is the issues. Not sahms.
Jacqalyn
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:18 PM
34 moms liked this
I enjoy being a SAHM for the fact that I got to be there for each of my babies first. I'm able to attend all of their things at school. I can be home with them when they are sick instead of having to worry about taking off from work or finding someone to stay with them.

As for making my own money, yeah it would be nice but I married a man that doesn't see the money he makes as his instead he sees it as ours. I can spend it on whatever I want just as he can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN