Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I give up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I give up on having friends. I realize that I cannot divulge specifics on here, but I have this group of girlfriends that I officially give up on. 

I just needed to put that out there. I'm 37 years old and I'm tired of trying to to spend time with people who don't seem all that concerned if I'm their friend or not. I don't do drama.

I hope you all have good friends to hang with. I'm going to try to make a coffee date with a couple of other girlfriends now...

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Thats why I only have acquaintances.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I have a coffee group I've been meeting with for 15 years, whoever shows up, shows up, and I have some people to vent with and get advice from once a week, I like that.

prdmama1154
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have many friends right now either.  It makes me sad but I've become accustomed to it.  I'd still like to have someone to talk to once in a while though.

prdmama1154
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

That's cool.  How did you discover that?

Quoting Lindalou907:

Good luck! I have a coffee group I've been meeting with for 15 years, whoever shows up, shows up, and I have some people to vent with and get advice from once a week, I like that.

Rogeswife
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I feel ya. It is like people do not value friendship as much and become so focused on themselves and their own lives they don't want to be bothered by others and schedule stuff. I guess I found being a mom 'ruined' friendships with single non mom friends
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this
It maybe sad, but I have a monthly group I meet with once a month.. and they are all aged from 65 to 93! Haha an I'm only 33.. but great set of girls, and I always get the best advice! And no drama:)
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I hear ya! I'm 35 and I found the older I got, the less tolerance I had. I had to cut people out and simplify. I can't deal with all the BS!

Pink.Frosting
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Having a gaggle of friends as an adult is highly overrated.  One or two good ones, if that, and I consider all available positions filled.

Pink.Frosting
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Amen, I hear you! I would so join that group, lol.  I'm 39 and can easily fit into groups of ladies 50s and older much better than I can those my age.  Even my taste in music, food, clothing, etc is old lady, lol.  I've learned to just embrace it and not fight against it.

Quoting Anonymous: It maybe sad, but I have a monthly group I meet with once a month.. and they are all aged from 65 to 93! Haha an I'm only 33.. but great set of girls, and I always get the best advice! And no drama:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i have little to no friends, iv never really had any friends my whole life, and everytime i think i have a friend and i try to set up a date to hang out, they always end up blowing me off, im not a party type of woman, or that out going, but still, it would be nice to have someone who is serious about being my friend, tired of sitting around looking at the walls, or watching tv after work and on my days off.

my boyfriend says i have friends, his friends, i told him no because if he wasnt around i wouldnt hang out with his friends, and im sure they wouldnt want me hanging out with them, guess its just me myself and i....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)