Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont blame me for your lack of action/planning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
So my mom has known for about 10 years that she will need to sell her house this summer as part of her divorce decree. My cousin and his gf have been drastically fixing it up for her as she has done NO repairs or maintenance on it (and ripping her off in the process, but thats another story). The house is supposed to go up for sale this week and she still has yet to find another place to live (she was sleeping in the garage because the house was gutted, there is nothing for her in the house to use/live while its up for sale). She finds something wrong with everything suggested. She asked if she could have one of my kids rooms, I said no. She makes fb posts about how she will be homeless and have to sleep in her car. She refuses to consider apartments/houses in areas she can afford because they are "too far away" (15-20ish miles, and still not as far out as we are) or too trashy. I seriously dont know what to do for her, I'm not her mother. If its my job to take care of her I'm putting her in an old folks home (she's only 60 this year so despite acting like it shes not there yet). I feel like she thinks if she keeps fighting this she will be allowed to keep the house (which I grew up hearing about how much she hated it and everything that was wrong with it). I just don't know what to do....

/vent
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Let her sleep in her car. She's known about this for 10 years she had had plenty of time to fine a new place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Thank god someone agrees with me!! Everyone is like "your poor mom, I wish I could help" and I'm like "she knew this was coming"
nanny1918
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM
I would stop trying to help. It sounds like she is trying to guilt trip you into letting her live with you.
I would take a really big step back and tell her to handle it however she would like.
I'm sure this is a huge amount of stress on you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)