Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL PLAYS FAVORTISM WITH GRANDKIDS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
This woman really blows me. Her only grand daughter had a awesome bday party that she went all out for. When my husband and I approach to say hi; she just said hey. As soon as my bil speaks she all open arms. She wasn't at my kids bday party. Didnt even call meto say happy bday. Now she has a attitude. I'm not kissing
Her ass. She dosent take our calls. She is upset because we didn't show up to her mother funeral that was months ago. I never knew about it until my bil told me day after. We sent cards and flowers. What more should we do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Bump
kaybayblee3
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My MIL choses favorites too. Although she does that to her own kids as well. DH isn't one of her favorites, so that means my kids always get looked over when their aunt's kids get everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:32 PM
yeah thats ok. my grandmother does that shit to me. she favors my sister. my sister asked for an ipod.. grandma gave it to her. i asked for ten dollars to pay a utility bill and had offered to pay her back, i got told no.. in her eyes i havent existed to her since i was 15.. whatever im not going to stoop to her petty level.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Smh.

Quoting kaybayblee3:

My MIL choses favorites too. Although she does that to her own kids as well. DH isn't one of her favorites, so that means my kids always get looked over when their aunt's kids get everything.

sami_henkel
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Omg story of my life! My mil favors one grandkid way over her other 4. She won't even come see my son. But my sil she will. She does not call or text.no happy bday for my sons.nothing.. And when I call or text her she blows me off. Then bitchs how its my fault my dh doesn't call or text her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM
How do you deal with it? It really blows me that if she has a issue with us she takes it out on our kids.

Quoting sami_henkel: Omg story of my life! My mil favors one grandkid way over her other 4. She won't even come see my son. But my sil she will. She does not call or text.no happy bday for my sons.nothing.. And when I call or text her she blows me off. Then bitchs how its my fault my dh doesn't call or text her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I have a MIL that is a bit on the bitchy side too. She favors some kids more than other too and for a long time it hurt me and pissed me off but eventually I had to let it go. I realized that the problem was not me or my kids, it's her. If she has an issue that concerns us, then she needs to address it of get the eff over it. I am not going to stop my life to please hers. You should do the same. You did a nice gesture. If she's not happy with it, oh well!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Thank you. I just don't want to have my kids start noticing how she some versus the others.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a MIL that is a bit on the bitchy side too. She favors some kids more than other too and for a long time it hurt me and pissed me off but eventually I had to let it go. I realized that the problem was not me or my kids, it's her. If she has an issue that concerns us, then she needs to address it of get the eff over it. I am not going to stop my life to please hers. You should do the same. You did a nice gesture. If she's not happy with it, oh well!!

sami_henkel
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I myself have created a hatred towards her. I smile and be a good dil.but inside it burns with annoyance

Quoting Anonymous: How do you deal with it? It really blows me that if she has a issue with us she takes it out on our kids.

Quoting sami_henkel: Omg story of my life! My mil favors one grandkid way over her other 4. She won't even come see my son. But my sil she will. She does not call or text.no happy bday for my sons.nothing.. And when I call or text her she blows me off. Then bitchs how its my fault my dh doesn't call or text her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)