Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick vent so I do not cause problems with my in laws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Dh's sister needs to borrow money. Dh is going to send her some. He asked me first and I said it was his decision and then we agreed on a amount we would be comfortable lending. 

My vent? We don't ever hear from her. She has not called dh in years and when we got married (no wedding but still) she did not even say congrats or anything. So it is a bit annoying. 

I do love my husband and I think his love of family is a beautiful quality so I am not going to tell him I think it is stupid. I am going to keep it to myself. We can afford to lend this money and not get it back so it isn't a huge deal. I just needed to vent about this somewhere. Thank you venting booth ;) 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kadcas
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Good place to vent, great decision! You can't get in the middle of that.
CCMommy
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM
In laws are crazy everywhere! Sounds like your DH is a good guy, sucks that he and his sister are so estranged. It was definitely a better idea to vent here! Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM
I think if you can vent here and literally get over it, not think about it, and never use it against dh like "well we loaned your sister money" ... Then awesome!! Personally if it were me and I felt the way you did, I don't think I could truly get over it that easy. I would have to talk to dh and let him know how I really feel so in the future if things go south, it doesn't come out of no where how I really feel about his sis.
Memere60
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:54 PM

He's a good brother, and obviously a great husband. You are a wonderful wife, with a lot of wisdom. Hope you have a long and happy life together. Hubby and I just made it to 40 years! I predict the same for you :)

butzi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM
As an adult, I found out from an aunt that my father sent money home to his parents when he was a relatively young father. He had a regular job( chemist) and also a weekend job in a warehouse. He had a wife and three young children. His parents still had teenaged kids in the home and were profoundly poor. He sent all of the money from the second job to his parents. I asked my mom how this didn't upset her, here's what she said: "Your father is a man of integrity and honor. This is what attracted me to him in the first place. How could I then hold that against him?"
Your husband is a lovely man of integrity as well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)