Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM'S

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
How much money do you spend on YOURSELF per week? Do you inform dh before you make a purchase or do you just do it? I'm asking bc my dh is really pissing me off. He spends $20-$30 a week on beer, cigarettes and energy drinks. But he raises hell when I spend $30 on a shirt.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tranquil_Octopi
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I dont usually spend money on myself. If I do...total in a month...maybe $60. I dont have to tell him what I do with the money that comes in the house, but I do in most cases. 

SpoiledMe
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I spend however much I need or want, usually only large purchases are discussed before hand. I'm also the one in charge of our family's finances, my husband rarely knows what's coming in or going out.

Mrs_Sweet
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We keep a family budget. I don't tell him unless I want to spend over my budget and need extra money to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM
That's a good idea. We may have to try that.

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: We keep a family budget. I don't tell him unless I want to spend over my budget and need extra money to do so.
sheena696
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Well, we are trying to pay off some debts so we usually discuss any purchases. Do I need permission? No, but we have a budget and if our budget doesn't allow extra money for that week I will wait. I don't typically spend on myself on a weekly basis though. I would say that I will even not spend anything on myself at all for a month or so. This month I am gonna be spending a lot of money, but it's for things that will be beneficial as well (coffee maker to make me happy lol And a new camera lens because I will photograph every now and then) I would be mad if I were in your situation though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Yes, coffee makes everyone happy! :) I like the way y'all have a budget and am going to talk to dh about doing that. X amount on bills, savings, kids, etc. It just makes me mad bc he thinks he can do whatever bc he works. Who cleans, cooks, takes care of kids, gets up when they wake up crying in the middle of the night? I do, to me that's a job! 24/7 at that. He doesn't spend money on himself other than his "habits". I'm pregnant and need clothes to fit my growing belly.

Quoting sheena696:

Well, we are trying to pay off some debts so we usually discuss any purchases. Do I need permission? No, but we have a budget and if our budget doesn't allow extra money for that week I will wait. I don't typically spend on myself on a weekly basis though. I would say that I will even not spend anything on myself at all for a month or so. This month I am gonna be spending a lot of money, but it's for things that will be beneficial as well (coffee maker to make me happy lol And a new camera lens because I will photograph every now and then) I would be mad if I were in your situation though. 

sandy201282
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quite a bit...for our budget lol! Maybe 70 bucks on week, but the next maybe nothing, my husband buys what he wants within reason too so theres no reason I can't either....given we have 6 kids under the age of 9 and daycare would end up costing us money even if I worked a fulltime job. Plus daddy know momma needs her special things....us SAHM's don't draw a paycheck but it sure feels like work to me.

JIJsMom
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I'm in charge of the finances..I can't give a per week estimate, as I don't buy something I want that often, but maybe fifty bucks a month, tops? Although last month was much more, as I went Batman crazy on HotTopic.com, ha. I order a lot for my Kid and husband, too..so We all get something every now and then.
Hanab818
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:38 PM

It really depends on my needs or wants for the week. Anything over 100 we talk about. 

MomOfTwoK
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:50 PM

After looking at our budget, we determined that I could spend up to $200 a month on just myself. Do I? No, it's very unusual. I enjoy spending on my children and they have a separate budget. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)