Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandmother puts baby in roasting pan as a "joke" and duct tapes pacifier to baby's mouth

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/13/grandma-baby-roasting-pan_n_5675767.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Okay, I seriously don't see the joke here. Not with the tape CLEARLY blocking the child's nose and obstructing her breathing. Crazy psycho.

"Your children need your presence more than your presents." ~Jesse Jackson

"If you have never been hated by your child you have never been a parent." ~Bette Davis

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraBelle9812
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Those pics disturbed me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Bad judgment yes, but the tape is clearly NOT blocking the child'snose any more than any other time that they have a pacifier in their mouth. There are two pieces, each on the side attaching to the child'scheeks. This is why if you take stupid pictures you do not post them online, people freak out and don't even pay attentionn to what is going on.

FrugalGal24
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I have a pretty laid back sense of humor but they went to far with the tape!

froggyfreak330
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM

They did go too far with the tape though, whether it was obstructing his breathing or not. Have you ever tried to rip duct tape off your skin? It hurts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bad judgment yes, but the tape is clearly NOT blocking the child'snose any more than any other time that they have a pacifier in their mouth. There are two pieces, each on the side attaching to the child'scheeks. This is why if you take stupid pictures you do not post them online, people freak out and don't even pay attentionn to what is going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I said that it was bad judgment, I do not know why you are arguing in agreement with me. My only.point about it not covering the nose was because OP was claiming that the tape was "CLEARLY blocking the child's nose and obstructing her breathing". It wasn't.

Quoting froggyfreak330:

They did go too far with the tape though, whether it was obstructing his breathing or not. Have you ever tried to rip duct tape off your skin? It hurts.

Quoting Anonymous:

froggyfreak330
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM

It just seemed like you were downplaying it and acting like it was no big deal just because it wasnt obstructing his breathing.

Quoting Anonymous: I said that it was bad judgment, I do not know why you are arguing in agreement with me. My only.point about it not covering the nose was because OP was claiming that the tape was "CLEARLY blocking the child's nose and obstructing her breathing". It wasn't.
Quoting froggyfreak330:

Quoting Anonymous:

Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Has anyone actually ever put duct tape over their mouth and then taken it off? Yeah... It is unpleasant.
PeachQuean
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM
It's the tape.

If it wasn't for the tape, it'd be an ok joke. Lol

Used to do stuff like this all the time with mine, just no tape on the mouth...well.not till she was 5 anyways.
Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM
I also would like to add the only murder in my town, probably ever,was a foster mother who put duct tape over her fosters child's mouth because she was "whining". I see and feel a whole different thing when I see a child with duct tape on it's mouth. :(
KeepOnTryin
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM
That's horrible. Wonder if grandma is on drugs or just naturally that stupid?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)