Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Moms of First Graders ETA: Question

Posted by   + Show Post
When do they rise and when are they in bed? Strange question I know but humor me.

Thanks everyone! Next question: how in the world do you get them to sleep that long a stretch? Ds is on day 2 of 1st grade and he is taking the bus to and from. That's 7:10am-2:15pm. I can get him to bed at 8 but he will get up around 10 and be up till 12-1am. It's a fight to get him back to bed.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Replies (21-24):
skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:25 PM
8pm, up at 7. If he's up in the middle of the night, you aren't wearing him out enough.
MSJAP2010
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Lights out by 9 & he's up by 7.
dlock25
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I try and have my daugher in bed by 8pm lights tv off at 830. She has to get up at 6am for school.

jackiewal10
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Do you know WHY he's waking up?  Is it "just because"? Does he have to use the bathroom?  Is this something new for him to be up that often or has he always been this way? Honestly, that is something I would mention to his doctor.  And I would especially mention that it hard to get him to go back to bed.  That is sending up a little red flag that there may be something else going on there. It's not abnormal to get up in the middle of the night (although THAT many times sounds a little odd) but he should also be able to go right back to bed.

What do *you* do when he gets up?  How do you handle it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN