Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I wish I had more mom friends to benefit my kid... I feel like I fail him cause my lack of social life

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
So before I had my son i was a social butterfly who had tons of friends that wanted to hang out and just be there for me... After the birth of my son, not so much. Recently my son started Kindergarden and I submitted his photo for a "cute kid back to school contest... First he did really good and got tons of votes and was winning thanks to my family sharing the link. Well that stopped when they stopped voting. I have shared the link and begged relentlessly on my FB page to get my "friends" to vote and much to my surprise nothing. Is it bad that I just wanted him to win for the memory, we still got til Monday but I just am to the point of giving up cause I am just starting to look like a desperate loser mom! I just wish my friends still cared. If they cared like they claimed before I had my baby you would think they would care now and care for my son!
I am glad for this venting page cause I need to get it out before my eyes start leaking out of control!
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissHalli
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Love all the replies... Obviously not right place for me. I admit it makes me jealous to see 25 replys on a post that has been up for 10 seconds!
rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps your incessant attention seeking behaviors are turning everyone off?

Quoting MissHalli: Love all the replies... Obviously not right place for me. I admit it makes me jealous to see 25 replys on a post that has been up for 10 seconds!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Lol.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Perhaps your incessant attention seeking behaviors are turning everyone off?

Quoting MissHalli: Love all the replies... Obviously not right place for me. I admit it makes me jealous to see 25 replys on a post that has been up for 10 seconds!

joshsgirl12
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM
It's just a contest its not the end of the world
MissHalli
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It really has nothing to do with the contest... And I am not seeking attention in any way or form! I just want a life before it is over (not only did my social life end when I had a kid but when I was diagnosed with an un-curable neurological disease that ended it even more. So take your bitchy bad attitude unsupportive of other moms you know nothing about someone where else .
ayacocca
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
If your friends aren't parents like you are, then honestly sometimes kids, back to school & the things that we treasure and hold dear doesn't hold that same weight with them. If I were your friend, I would've voted..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Try joining www.momsclub.org Look for a chapter in your area. I've been a member for over 10 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, I have no advice.  I hate those things so I don't sign my kids up for them and I rarely vote when someone I know does so I'm no help.  

nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Can you join a few min groups that have children the same age as your son ?
KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Join a moms group or social group on meetup.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)