Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Ok It Happened and I Survived..........

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I turned 40 and lived to tell about it .

I don't feel fourty but my body has its days. UGHHHHHH!!!

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MMH5
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:47 PM

You know, when I turned 40, I didn't feel or look like I was 40! I even felt the best I have ever been in my 40's!  I'm 51 now, and wish I could go back to being 40.  I was in the best shape I'd ever been, newly married, and very happy! 40 isn't bad at all.........now 50......just wait........menopause sucks big time!

offrdngal
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM
I turned 40, in April. It didn't bother me. I don't feel any different than I did, in my 30s. :)
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:33 AM
My body is starting to feel 40 and I still have 3 more years to go.
HIJKLM
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Happy birthday
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I am 47.  There was this big chatty segment on t.v. this morning about aging, women turning 50.  Everyone was saying that women are at their best in their mid 20's to early 30's...I totally disagree.  I think back on all my years..for me 40 was the very best!!!

appearance, dealing with some weight issues, gaining more confidence in parenthood, being able to take some things going on at work in a bit more stride, creativity and sex.  Early 40's were the best for the sexual aspect of life.   Well here I am 47 and I have to say that it seems like things have gone way down hill in the past year.  Cannot get away with eating just a little extra, quality of hair not as good, slight change to my facial profile, not liking that at all.  Not much of an interest in putting forth the effort to go out and make friends.  Have the mental desire that finding a significant other/boyfriend/partner would be great and not being alone some nights in the freezing winter, especially would be good, but evidentally I don't want it enough to actually seek it.  I woud give a lot to go back to 40..

greenfroggy93
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Ok! Ok! I admit it, I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday in a couple of months however my kids are puzzled by the fact I keep telling them I'll be 29 which is younger than my younger brother who will be Turning 31 this year. I have seriously struggled with this one.
MaggieWho
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM

OMGosh that is what I do. Long running joke since I turned 30. It was 27 FOREVER, but the 7 candle died and 29 the last few years. LOL My 5 year is perplexed by this joke and tells everyone I am 29. She asked me every day this week if I was getting old and I think she finally got it when I said YES, that is why I keep telling everyone I am 29. LOL She saw the BIG 40 poster OVER the HILL my mom put up and gets it for sure now LOL

Sorry I will not post correctly!

Quoting greenfroggy93: Ok! Ok! I admit it, I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday in a couple of months however my kids are puzzled by the fact I keep telling them I'll be 29 which is younger than my younger brother who will be Turning 31 this year. I have seriously struggled with this one.

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I always lol when the 20-somethings on here think turning 40 makes you ancient.  When I turned 40 it was just another birthday.  And now I can take my granchildren out with me and people cannot believe they are my GRANDCHILDREN and not my babies.

Yep, I make "ancient" look damn good.

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I agree, I have never been more comfortable with who I am than I am now in my 40's.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am 47.  There was this big chatty segment on t.v. this morning about aging, women turning 50.  Everyone was saying that women are at their best in their mid 20's to early 30's...I totally disagree.  I think back on all my years..for me 40 was the very best!!!

appearance, dealing with some weight issues, gaining more confidence in parenthood, being able to take some things going on at work in a bit more stride, creativity and sex.  Early 40's were the best for the sexual aspect of life.   Well here I am 47 and I have to say that it seems like things have gone way down hill in the past year.  Cannot get away with eating just a little extra, quality of hair not as good, slight change to my facial profile, not liking that at all.  Not much of an interest in putting forth the effort to go out and make friends.  Have the mental desire that finding a significant other/boyfriend/partner would be great and not being alone some nights in the freezing winter, especially would be good, but evidentally I don't want it enough to actually seek it.  I woud give a lot to go back to 40..

squeekers
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I remember being 40.... I am looking forward to 45 this year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)