Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Undesirable Living Situation, Who Is Right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Poll

Question: Does she have a reasonable right to expect to have her own space when she isn't contributing (in fact, she is taking from) to MINE AND MY HUSBAND'S household?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (please elaborate)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 131

View Results

So my best friend is staying with us right now.  It was supposed to be temporary.  Until the end of August.  We live in a 900 square foot, two bedroom house.  Besides her, it's my husband, myself and our two children.  It's pretty cramped with just the four of us but it's 200 bigger than our last apartment and we are in the process of buying a house anyway.  I'm digressing a little huh?  Sorry.  

So when she moved in, since it was temporary (she's been here for three weeks now) and I was trying to help her get back on her feet, I told her not to worry about helping with rent and just to provide some food for herself and do the dishes nightly.  I also told her that she had to be actively trying to get her life back together (not skipping her counseling, getting a job).  She happily agreed.  

Well, she spent all her welfare money on pot, alcohol and cigarettes.  Didn't even pay her storage.  When she is here, she pretty much just gets stoned and eats and watches tv.  Or sits around doing her makeup.  Or sits around complaining about the way I do things.  

Then today, her boyfriend came by and I told him that she wasn't going to be staying here as of Memorial Day weekend.  He said that he knew.  I was saying that we just live too differently and we clash.  He said that she needs her own space.  I totally agree.  Then he said that when I let someone stay with me, it's reasonable to for that person to expect to have their own quiet place to go and close the door.  

WHAT?!!  Um, she's NOT PAYING RENT!!  She hardly helps around the house!!!  Our family is ALREADY CRAMPED in our 900 square foot home.  I cleaned out my entire front closet so she would have a place for her things.  What the fuck do they think I should do?!  Move us out of our bedrooms so her freeloading ass can have her own space?!  FUCK THAT!!!  My husband works hard to support us and I work hard around the house to keep it nice (she leaves messes everywhere). 

Here's my poll question:  Does she have a reasonable right to expect to have her own space when she isn't contributing (in fact, she is taking from) to MINE AND MY HUSBAND'S household?  

I say fuck no she doesn't.  If she wants her own space, she needs to get off her ass and work for it like my husband and I have.  

Needless to say, we probably won't be best friends anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Umm...NO she is definitely not entitled to her own space. Talk about crazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand why she feels that way.  I have a really big, nice tent that I set up in the backyard.  It's waterproof and tall enough to stand in.  It's been 70+ degrees all summer.  I even put a twin size bed and a carpet in there.  I offered to hook up an extension cord and out a tv out there for her!!!  She just curls her lip and looks at it like it's a garbage can.  It's a 400$ fucking tent that has only been used four times.  Then she complains that she has no space to herself.  Damn tent is bigger than my girl's room!

Quoting Anonymous: Umm...NO she is definitely not entitled to her own space. Talk about crazy

BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Is this really a question? She's lucky she has a couch, or whatever, to sleep on. Try having person space when your irresponsible ass is sleeping outside city hall. What did you say to him? I hope you told him he was a moron.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Nope, she should go live with the boyfriend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Right?!  I just told him that she knew how the living situation was going to go down before she moved in and that if she wanted the privelige of having her own space, she needed to work for it like the rest of us.

Quoting BrutalTruth: Is this really a question? She's lucky she has a couch, or whatever, to sleep on. Try having person space when your irresponsible ass is sleeping outside city hall. What did you say to him? I hope you told him he was a moron.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Fuck, I totally agree!!  He's not technically her boyfriend.  She sleeps with him in the hopes that he will be.  It's sad.  

Quoting Anonymous: Nope, she should go live with the boyfriend.

BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Or even, I don't know, spend her welfare on rent instead of booze? Lol people trip me out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right?!  I just told him that she knew how the living situation was going to go down before she moved in and that if she wanted the privelige of having her own space, she needed to work for it like the rest of us.

Quoting BrutalTruth: Is this really a question? She's lucky she has a couch, or whatever, to sleep on. Try having person space when your irresponsible ass is sleeping outside city hall. What did you say to him? I hope you told him he was a moron.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN