Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

It won't do any good!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I finally told my dh about my grandfather's attempt to molest me when I was eight. I tried then to speak up and have justice served. Unfortunately, that whole side of the family basically turned into a rabid mob and verbally attacked my mom, accusing her of coaching me into saying that so she would get custody of me.
That was fourteen years ago. To this day, only two people believe me, and because I was met with so much hostility and dismissed as having an over active imagination, I had been hesitant about telling my dh.
He wants me to tell my dad so that should I ever go visit them and he can't go, my dad can be there and hopefully keep my grandfather from trying anything with my three year old dd.
What good will that do? My dad was one of the people in that rabid mob who didn't believe me! Why would he suddenly believe me after fourteen years? Plus it will just spark a war with my dad's side of the family an he will always side with them.
I'd just as soon let sleeping dogs lie. The man is now 80 years old. His life is almost over and then i can visit my paternal family without being afraid of my dd being molested.
Ok, vent/rant over.
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I wouldn't be anywhere near him and I definately wouldn't take my kids around him!  I'm sorry they didn't believe you. 

Callaly
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I wouldn't even go to visit him to even risk it!

MommyofMonster
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM
3 moms liked this

The reaction you received is part of the main reason why rape and molestation is often not reported.

I wouldn't trust him either.

I also wouldn't trust the rest of the family on that side.

yes, I am Fantastic.

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I won't go alone. Dh has to be with me or it has to be a big family gathering before I'll even go.

Quoting Callaly:

I wouldn't even go to visit him to even risk it!

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:39 PM
I don't trust them to believe the truth. My cousins maybe. My aunts and uncles, nope. Only one person on that side believes me, and because she knows better than to take the old perv for face value. But even she can't say anything because once again, they'll become a rabid mob and turn on her.

Quoting MommyofMonster:

The reaction you received is part of the main reason why rape and molestation is often not reported.

I wouldn't trust him either.

I also wouldn't trust the rest of the family on that side.

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:41 PM
They've been trying to get me to spend the night when it's just me and DD. I won't do it because I can't trust him. I'd rather drive the two hours back home in the middle of the night than spend the night.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be anywhere near him and I definately wouldn't take my kids around him!  I'm sorry they didn't believe you. 

barbie_girl870
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

man i would not let her go around him at all no matter how old he is 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Even if they don't believe you they're a$$holes for trying to talk you into staying the night!  I'd be furious!

Quoting whitleypittman: They've been trying to get me to spend the night when it's just me and DD. I won't do it because I can't trust him. I'd rather drive the two hours back home in the middle of the night than spend the night.
Quoting Anonymous:

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM
They've been in denial for so long they honestly believe that nothing happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even if they don't believe you they're a$$holes for trying to talk you into staying the night!  I'd be furious!

Quoting whitleypittman: They've been trying to get me to spend the night when it's just me and DD. I won't do it because I can't trust him. I'd rather drive the two hours back home in the middle of the night than spend the night.

Quoting Anonymous:

whitleypittman
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I won't without dh, my dad, or at least ten other family members around (and trust me, my dad's side of the family is big enough.) Hell, I won't even be around him without the afore mentioned people.

Quoting barbie_girl870:

man i would not let her go around him at all no matter how old he is 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN