Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I know this wasnt right but what now? *Update* I really need help.

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM
  • 94 Replies

So here's the story. My daughter, Stellas, friends mom who is kind of my friend. Her name is Kate got talking to me today and I tried to let it go but I can't. She started to tell me how weird my kids names are when they really aren't and who cares if they are anyway? Then she told me how wrong it was of me to get pregnant while my husband was still in the military. And by the way it was an accident...a REALLY good one :) So now we are 27 and he's home and we have four amazing kids. But I just couldn't take it anymore she just kept ripping on my family. So I took Stella and told Kate to go fuck herself. She said more than I told you. A few things she said about my husband was how he is worthless and takes steroids and that's how he gets so strong. When I know for a fact he works out and he is and will never be anywhere near worthless. I mean how can you say that to someone? I know it was wrong but I'm not apologizing. Do you think my kids names are weird? They are Stella Marie, Elliott(Eli) Martin, Ireland Nicole, and Layla Kathleen. Also the things she said about my amazing husband were just cruel. What do you think? Are my kids names weird? Do I apologize or confront her? Do I tell my husband what she said (probably not going to do that but your opinion helps) Thanks ladies!!!

*UPDATE*

I talked to my husband about it and he was really pissed off but he got over it. I think it really hurt him after everything he has been through. Kate called me this morning hinting that I should applogize but I didn't and then asked if Stella wanted to play. I told her our daughers would no longer be playing together but she came to our door. Its like she psycho! I told her Stella wasn't feeling well. My husband then came to the door wanting to talk to her and so he did and it didn't go well. He gets angry really easily (a result of the things hes seen) so I had to calm him down and I told her to leave. Then she called and left a message saying how weird Irelands name is and how my husband is a psycho and should have died in war. I don't know what brought this up but the situation just keeps getting worse. I almost burst into tears when she said that about my husband. When he was in the military it was terrible. I hated not knwoing if he was safe and for her to say that is soooo uncalled for. And the worst part is my husband heard it. We sat down for a while together and didn't say anything but I know hes really hurt. Who wouldn't be? This situaiton is so out of hand. Mamas I need help. What do I do?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcauseimthemom
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Your chilren's names are fine. You like them, who cares what someone else thinks unless that someone else is your husband. My son's name is Dartanian Anthony. No one liked it when we named him.  Screw them.

Ok, as far as what she said about your husband, good for you for not letting her continue to tear him down.  I wouldn't mention what she said about him to him unless he asks why you are no longer friends with this female.

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:13 AM
4 moms liked this

Sounds like she really was no friend at all to you.

Good riddance.

aheasley
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:16 AM

No you were not wrong she needed to keep her opinion to herself. You children's names are great. Tell your husband if you feel you should. The amount of children you have is none of her business. 

Sparkler16
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't think those are weird names at all!!! Not even a little! And she's not a friend. She's probably just jealous. People who are unhappy in their own lives tend to project. Don't let her worthless opinion bother you and just steer clear. You don't need any toxic energy in your life. No one does.
teri4lance
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM
3 moms liked this

newsflash - this woman is not your friend.

leave her ass be and make a new one who isn't an asshole. and who cares what she thinks of your kids names.

babie113
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I think she was just being a bitch I bet its due to her own problems
propswife
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM
4 moms liked this

The only one remotely 'weird' is Ireland and that isn't really that far out there.  Kim Bassinger and whichever Baldwin she was married to named their daughter Ireland.  And stuff she said about your husband, where does she get off?  She isn't your mother.  Military men tend to be in incredible shape and a lot of them keep up with the training once they leave the service.  IMO, they have tested their bodies under drastic circumstances and they want to be able to respond in the same way if they ever need to again.  Keeping himself in shape sets a good example for your kids, too.  I hope he trys to engage them in activities that keep them physically fit as well. 

The only thing that you have to apologize for is dropping an F-bomb.  I would definitely apologize to Stella and tell her that it wasn't a very grown up way to talk to someone even if they make you really angry.  If you want to apologize to the woman that said all of that, same thing.  "F-bombs aren't ladylike and I should not have used that language to you, especially in front of the kids."  "However, I meant what I said.  You are incredibly opinionated and should think about what you are saying and to whom.  Get your facts straight before you go accusing people of taking drugs and being worthless.  By the way, when was the last time that you sacrificed any of your precious time to defend our country?"  

Does that work for you? 

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:21 AM

I don't think you should've used those exact words, but she's AWFUL. I like your kids names very much. They aren't weird at all. What do you think Kate would say about the conversation? 

Kaaden
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:16 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't bother apologising.  Stick to the fuck off, sounds like what she deserves.  What a weirdo!

MMH5
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't think your children's names are weird; believe me, I've heard many worse! That woman is no friend of yours, and I would drop her in a heartbeat!  Seriously, she needs to apologize to YOU!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)