Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Completely Annoyed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I just need to vent as I'm really upset and my DH doesn't want to hear it.
I run a custom cake business from my home. I have for over 10 years and have done tons of cakes. My Sil also has started a cake business from her home in a neighboring state. I was fine with that but now my sil is moving within a half hour and has started trying to take business from me. I'm annoyed because she doesn't need the income. I am the primary earner in our house and this hurts myself and my household when she takes an order from me! I've tried talking to DH about it but he gets mad if I say anything against his baby sister (who isn't a baby at all. She's in her late 20s, married and has 2 kids)
We live in a small town with several small towns within driving distance. I want to tell her to leave my area alone but know I can't without everyone getting mad at me. Ughhh! Rant over!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
star33
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:18 PM
3 moms liked this

that's pretty crappy of her. i'd be mad too and prob say something to her.

Adnalor
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe you could team up and do twice the amount if business together!
perrick86
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I get y ur pissed, but, have u thought about mayb the two of yall combining talents and doing the same business together so the competition is not in the middle of family? If that cant work, start a smut campaign against her. LOL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I appreciate the idea of combining, however she doesn't like me and she doesn't need the income. I very much need the income and she knows this! My DH's family constantly puts me down or tries to make things difficult for me. She has people already talking to potential customers telling them not to bother with my business! I'd like to tell her to knock it off but then my DH will throw a fit if I do!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this
If she doesn't like you anything you say to her will just make her try harder. Id just keep my mouth shut and hope my customers will be loyal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:32 PM
10 moms liked this
I would remind my husband that I was the primary earner in the house. And that he would be missing out of stuff because of his sister not me or my kids. His needs would be cut first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH will just go to his family if he can't get me to buy his needs/wants...he goes and whines how I won't let him have anything and then his mom or dad gets it for him. It's infuriating to say the least!

Quoting Anonymous: I would remind my husband that I was the primary earner in the house. And that he would be missing out of stuff because of his sister not me or my kids. His needs would be cut first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:43 PM
3 moms liked this

how is this any different from a stranger opening up a cake shop ? if you're better and have good prices its not a problem

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:46 PM
6 moms liked this

Let him.  Than go get a new husband.

Quoting Anonymous: My DH will just go to his family if he can't get me to buy his needs/wants...he goes and whines how I won't let him have anything and then his mom or dad gets it for him. It's infuriating to say the least!
Quoting Anonymous: I would remind my husband that I was the primary earner in the house. And that he would be missing out of stuff because of his sister not me or my kids. His needs would be cut first.

ferrellmt
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I appreciate the idea of combining, however she doesn't like me and she doesn't need the income. I very much need the income and she knows this! My DH's family constantly puts me down or tries to make things difficult for me. She has people already talking to potential customers telling them not to bother with my business! I'd like to tell her to knock it off but then my DH will throw a fit if I do!

Will your dh throw a fit when your business drops off sharply? Will he be upset when the bottom line reflects the new reality??

Yeah. He should rethink his position.And why is he not the primary earner here? Why is he allowing his family to put down his wife? He needs to man up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN