Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

HELP!!! 3 YEAR OLD SAID DAD HURT HER

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:11 AM
  • 29 Replies
I'm sitting in the emergency room shaking in fear thay my 3 year old daughter may have been molested bymy husband. Tonight when I was putting her to bed she told me "dad hurt me", when I asked where she pointed at hrr privates. I immediately woke her dad and told him what she said and he told me that he wiped her bottom when she pooped and that was all
. Now she has only been potty trained for about a month and is in the habit of holding her bladder for many hours at a time so it could be a UTI. Any replies lwelcome
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:32 AM
6 moms liked this
If your first reaction is "my husband raped her" you need to get out of that relationship ASAP
Alustriel
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he wiped her too hard? I agree with the pp if your 1st reaction is that he did something like molest her without questioning more. Then yeah you need to leave. Not saying it couldn't have happened but it could also be something else entirely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Whoa. Talk about an over reaction.
My dd has been potty trained for a year and I still don't trust her to wipe her own bum properly. He probably just wiped too hard relax.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:40 AM
That's all the conversations you had and came to what conclusion??
Maybe you should seek a therapist...
Were you molested in the past?
MamaAsh1113
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes I was, my first memory was my mother molesting me and the abuse continued at the hands of my parents until I was 12. I understand that I may be overreacting, and it
was the last thing in the world that I wanted to do (the ER), but what if something is happening and I do nothing?

Quoting Anonymous: That's all the conversations you had and came to what conclusion??
Maybe you should seek a therapist...
Were you molested in the past?
kadcas
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:03 AM
What about an update have they seen her?
Randoodle89
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:06 AM

I'm with you.

Quoting kadcas: What about an update have they seen her?

teaandcookies
by Katherine on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

And there is another example of how to let your fears ruin your life

kellly
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: If your first reaction is "my husband raped her" you need to get out of that relationship ASAP

While I understand that isn't the usual go to thought ....unless she is a victim of abuse herself.  Victims of abuse always go there first.

Bajanmama
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM
4 moms liked this

She's young and tender and will be easily hurt by simple things like bathing, wiping etc. I remember when my twins were about 3 or 4 I was going to classes in the evenings so my husband had to give them their baths and my daughter said the same thing to me. I asked him how he washed her and it turned out he was literally scrubbing with soap. Poor kid yelled when she had to pee. But I didn't think he had molested her though. I have a hazy memory of being fondled when I was young but it wasn't my father and I trust my husband. If you have abuse in your history, or a reason to distrust your husband, address the situation now. If he's innocent then you need to get help for yourself, and hope your husband is understanding and stays by your side and helps you heal and learn to trust. It's best to ask questions instead of hurl accusations so you don't mess things up. Best of luck, mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)