Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Sahm babysitters are a joke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
I put up an ad for someone to watch my children. I found who I thought was the prefect person. She mentioned how she had child of her own too. I thought "oh cool" but didn't think too much about it. Well the day comes that I would need her to come over and watch the girls and she brings another child with her?! Umm wtf? She never mentioned about bringing her daughter and she didn't ask.

Babysitting is a JOB. Like all jobs, you do not bring your kids.

Plus, why in the world would I want another child in my house? If they get hurt I get in trouble. F that.

I told her to leave and not come back.

Seriously, if you at at home with your kids do not bring them to babysit if it's not in your home. Don't be rude
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Hahaha! That's funny. Yeah, screw her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Right?! Then I received a message telling me how awful I am and she should be able to bring her kid.

Hahaha no

Quoting Anonymous: Hahaha! That's funny. Yeah, screw her!
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM

well i dont think i would like that but she should have asked 1st

mona165
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree she should have asked. I babysit, my neighbors kid, and I have two daughters of my own im a stay at home mom, but my neighbors bring their daughter to my house. I don't think I would babysit at someone else's house sense I ha e two kids under the age of two, that need my time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM
17 moms liked this
So she should get a babysitter for her kid so she can watch yours? Strange.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:16 PM
17 moms liked this

You knew she was a sahm with a child.  What did you expect her to do with her child?  Was she supposed to hire a sitter so she could sit for your kids?  That kind of defeats the purpose of a sahm trying to make some extra cash.  Just sayin'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:15 PM
I didn't know she was a sahm until she brought her kid

Quoting Anonymous 4:

You knew she was a sahm with a child.  What did you expect her to do with her child?  Was she supposed to hire a sitter so she could sit for your kids?  That kind of defeats the purpose of a sahm trying to make some extra cash.  Just sayin'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Yep.

Quoting mona165: I agree she should have asked. I babysit, my neighbors kid, and I have two daughters of my own im a stay at home mom, but my neighbors bring their daughter to my house. I don't think I would babysit at someone else's house sense I ha e two kids under the age of two, that need my time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM
4 moms liked this

I had a SAHM sitter for 9 years-paid her close to 90,000 in that time. It was no joke. Of course my child went to her  house-there are tax implications to having a sitter in your home that I didn't care to have.

And of course my kid got very close to her family-it was a real win win.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM
3 moms liked this

So you thought she was a professional babysitter?  Did you not ask for references?  

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't know she was a sahm until she brought her kid
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)